Back and to the left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, so went out to the "range" this evening and patterned consistently low and to the left with my Glock 19. I'm not a beginner with firearms, but I definitely need work with handguns. Any suggestions as to why I pattern this way? Sights were on the target when I pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting with an improper grip will cause that. I'm assuming your shooting two handed with both thumbs pointed at the target? Your trigger finger hand is only used to pull the trigger, not grip the gun. Your grip on the gun is maintained by your other hand, pulling it back into the pocket of your right hand. Relax the right hand, grip with the left and pull the trigger. The low left will go away. You can prove this to yourself by dry firing. When you pull the trigger, tighten your grip with the right hand at the same time you pull the trigger. You will see the muzzle move low and left. Then relax the right hand while gripping the gun with the left hand and dry fire again using only your trigger finger.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Found a target to help.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too much finger. Move trigger more to the center of the pad. Try and see where your hits are then move some more till you find that spot. Has to be trigger pull. Are you position your finger at the bottom of the trigger?

Latest posts

Top Bottom