Back and to the left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So dont adjust adjustable sights?
Sorry that's not what I meant to say. If you have to move everything over to the right to make square, you're not fixing what's causing the flaw (if there is a flaw). That's why I used the golf analogy. Golfers slice because a flaw in their swing that causes the club face to be open at impact. Most players that want to be in control try to fix the problem (swing plane, grip, angle, and so on) and others will just aim further left. Unfortunately adapting to a flaw may seem logical it is generally not consistent. You overcompensate and that often leads to even less consistency.
Or just move your sights all the way over and all the way up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I said, if your consistently hitting left dont be afraid to adjust your sights. If he then hits where he is aiming does anything else really matter? The point is to hit what your aiming at. Any other gun you adjust your sights to bring your poi to poa. I dont know why people think its against some law of handgun to adjust your sights.
Its not against the law to change your sights. Its not right to change them when your grip is the issue.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your grip is the issue than you need to fix your grip. No argument here. If your flinching you need to fix that. If it shoots well off bags then adjusting the sights is not the answer either. But, I believe that for some reason with factory sights people have a tendency to shoot left if their right eye dominant. And if the problem is sight picture then I see no reason you cant adjust your sights. I do not believe that chart that shows why your missing. Too much finger or heeling or whatever.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Low and to the left is usually squeezing the whole hand with the trigger pull. Just low is usually breaking the wrist down or relaxing too soon. This is per Caswell Inter. Corp handgun target analysis chart.
That chart is for bull eye
Its not against the law to change your sights. Its not right to change them when your grip is the issue.

shooters. It doesn't pertain to double handed grips current in todays shooting for the most part, but your right as I said before that low and left is the grip.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bag will tell you if it's your sights or you. Simple rather than moving sights all over the place till you find a sweet spot that may change with the next failure of muscle memory.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bag will not fix a grip free handed. I see where your going, but bag shooting is nothing related to free handed shooting where trigger control and grip control your accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom