Beretta M9/92F: OSA's Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beretta 92F/M9 is....

• An excellent fighting pistol.

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • A viable option, but not my first choice.

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • A piece of ****.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) Null hypothesis: now you are just pissing me off! That's the whole point of null hypothesis - it can't be proven. You can only reject it or fail to do so.
Ho - weight of pistol bullet doesn't affect leathelity
Mu1 - chuckhawk's study shows no one-shot-stop difference
Mu2 - Ellifritz's shows no difference in percentage of fatal hits
Ho: Mu1 = Mu2
Hypothesis stands.

Sorry my science is still good. I give you real numbers - all you give me calling my statements BS and my science junk - and you are trying to back-it up by 4th grade physics formula, that you manage to f-up - hit me with some data, bro!

2) FS92 is great pistol - there are some draw-backs in my opinion:
a) it should have trigger safety, not mechanical; and if mechanical safety is a must - it should be frame mounted.
b) it should have polymer frame to make it lighter
c) it should be in "smarter" caliber (see below)

3) I don't think that 9mm is the end all, and I am surely not giving up half capacity for marginal caliber increase is worth it (for some reason 45-fan-club takes it very close to heart). Here is my opinion - next generation handguns will be all polymer, recoil-less design that will hold 20-30 rounds in very small caliber (4-6mm) that fires at very high speed - possibly caseless, but most likely just new propellant in a small stiff case (kinds like pissed-off rimless 17HMR).

4) There are lot's of "not first choice" votes - what is the first choice then?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) Null hypothesis: now you are just pissing me off! That's the whole point of null hypothesis - it can't be proven. You can only reject it or fail to do so.

Like I said you're looking at this superficially, here it is in plain english.

http://www.null-hypothesis.co.uk/science//item/what_is_a_null_hypothesis

Hopefully the first paragraph is pretty clear here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_hypothesis

Be pissed all you like but you need to get up to speed about what I'm talking about. You're talking that mass has no relevance (variable) in stopping someone. It's YOUR job to prove it's equality among all the weights/masses listed previously. If you can't, just admit it, man up and stop trying preach about science you can't provide the background for.

Sorry my science is still good. I give you real numbers - all you give me calling my statements BS and my science junk - and you are trying to back-it up by 4th grade physics formula, that you manage to f-up - hit me with some data, bro!

Duuuuuude.... brosef..... it doesn't like ....get any more complicated like ya know. :D We are only talking about force on human tissue correct? If it gets more complicated then by all means.... post something relevant.

4) There are lot's of "not first choice" votes - what is the first choice then?

G17, CZ-75, Hi-power, M&P 9, XD9, P226, P228, H&K P30 I'd pick any one of these over a Beretta but that's just me. Only one I haven't owned at one point including the Beretta is the H&K.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well S4F beat me again, I was going to post that thread up. :bowdown:

Without getting into the "debate" I'll just say that one ought to go read the link that S4F posted up and then read up on the Miami massacre. Because of this incident the FBI extensively studied the ballistics and performance of handgun rounds because several of their agents were killed and wounded AFTER the perp took a FATAL 9mm hit. He stayed up and kept fighting, but the autopsy showed he was a dead man walking, or rather in this case fighting.

So the FBI jumped off the deep end and went to the full house 10mm load, then they found out it was too hard for their agents to hit with due to recoil and went to 10mm "lite". This is what spawned the 40SW round we have today. Personally I have no qualms about carrying a 9mm in a +P or +P+ loading with a modern JHP bullet, but if I have to carry a FMJ give me the .45, it's proven to work well, while the 9mm FMJ is proven to be the opposite.

As to the O/P, I picked viable but not my first choice. In 9mm I'd much rather have a Sig, M&P or Glock.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a taurus pt99 and no it's not a beretta but I learned my lesson on taking other people's opinions. I can't find a reason to hate it. It's my cheapest and my favorite handgun I have ever owned or fired. It's pretty old and has the ambi 1911 style safety I like. I do want to get a beretta 92 now if I come across a deal on a used one!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are saying you have no experience with Beretta, and yet you have 14 posts over 7 pages on this topic ... bravo.

Hit me with some data, bro!

Seems you only see what you want to when you read posts. I said the ONLY one I haven't owned was the H&K.

Here's pics of the last two I owned and sold on this board..

i32.photobucket.com_albums_d8_JD8_Feb2011082.jpg

i32.photobucket.com_albums_d8_JD8_Wilsonpics002_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom