Beretta M9/92F: OSA's Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beretta 92F/M9 is....

• An excellent fighting pistol.

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • A viable option, but not my first choice.

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • A piece of ****.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dexcheque

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 96 vertec that was one of the most terrible guns I have ever owned. I have a 92 FS that sits in the safe and collects dust. It is accurate and fun(ish) to shoot but WTSHTF, it wouldn't be what I'd grab.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understanding your sarcasm (though many here won't), I'll throw in that with 20 year old bullet technology, it was significant.

Sarcasm aside, at handgun speeds velocity isn't necessarily on your side..... only thing left in that equation is mass. If you're putting force on tissue then both variables are significant and more power to whatever anyone wants to carry, just saying both matter in wounding someone.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sarcasm aside, at handgun speeds velocity isn't necessarily on your side..... only thing left in that equation is mass. If you're putting force on tissue then both variables are significant and more power to whatever anyone wants to carry, just saying both matter in wounding someone.

The bottom line of this whole argument is to use a weapon that you are comfortable with and practice with that weapon because regardless of which handgun round you choose, shot placement is the most critical factor in stopping a threat.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always a good read, even back 20 years ago they knew weight was significant. :D

20 years ago, savvy .45 carriers would do what they could to get their pistols to feed the famous Speer 200gr Flying Ashtray. Even with a bigger bullet, a better bullet is, well, better! :)

The caliber debate is as silly as any other debate on equipment. I prefer to carry a 9mm with high capacity and excellent bonded bullets driven as fast as possible. I might be inclined to go up in caliber if I lived in a northern climate where heavy clothing was the norm for half the year or more.

HD is another matter. My nightstand gun is a G21 with Arrendondo +4's, loaded with 230gr Gold Dots. Nothing says GTFO like 18 rounds of .45! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom