Best 1911 for .......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am watching the State of the Union, so I feel like a debate. Since Barrack will not take a phone call, some one tell me why the sig is not the best buy. If you want to be barrack i'll argue politics with you!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not taking it personal. I just don't look at one source as gospel, over the last few years I've done a ridiculous amount of reading about the guns I own not just the 1911s FWI I can find far more negative reviews/articles about Kimbers than Smiths or really any other "decent" 1911. I'd happily match you round for round with any 1911 you'd care to produce. Also the idea that the gun is going to suddenly perform worse after break in is kind of stoopid.

The problem I typically see is people equating higher price with higher quality and it is really seldom so unless you're talking about something custom. Kimber is a great example of this. Two people in my family own them and I don't see a single thing about them that is better and I think the cheapest of the two was like $1300. Just a bunch of extra pretty is all.

So let me get this straight....now you want a pissing match between our 1911s? Interesting. How does shooting my guns and yours prove or disprove something someone else said about older S&W designs? That I, many smiths, and above all, smith and wesson just happens to agree with? You don't agree with it or understand how goofy proprietary designs can fail over time, then great. I can live with that.

Just to clarify, this has never been a knuckle dragging my gun can beat up yours argument. I've said S&W overall makes good guns three times now and that I was considering buying an E series, and you're still beating your chest.

Oh and I agree on the last comment, Kimber is all fluff past their base guns.... however......certain semi-custom guns like DW or Baer have significantly different fit and finish at $1700+ than a Kimber of the same price. Of course, that usually hurts some feelings too, kinda like my previous TRP comments.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, you have failed to convert me. Performance is performance. Go ahead and pay two or three times the money, ill be putting just as many holes in just as many targets for just as long. I didn't buy a Smith because I couldn't afford to spend more.But don't get me wrong, with exception of maybe Kimber which ill never think of as superior, I don't knock the higher end guns. Everybody likes what they like.

You've got an obvious chip on your shoulder about price. High or low they can all have their problems due to manufacturers deviating from original design. Sometimes proprietary designs work, sometimes they don't. Again.... owned and still own 1911s of all price ranges. I couldn't care less about converting you to anything, it's not my goal. I gave an honest opinion and backed it up with what others have found, coupled with a manufacturer design change.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I have been thinking the same question for a while so I will side track this thread.

Ruger SR1911 vs Remmington R1 Enhanced......AND GO!

brownbronco78

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like my sig stx and they go for under a grand very well fit and lots of nice touches for gun under 1000 but allso like my ria tact 2011 even tho Philippines gun it really is a great deal for money changed all factory rock springs with wilson combat and it runs like a champ

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You've got an obvious chip on your shoulder about price. High or low they can all have their problems due to manufacturers deviating from original design. Sometimes proprietary designs work, sometimes they don't. Again.... owned and still own 1911s of all price ranges. I couldn't care less about converting you to anything, it's not my goal. I gave an honest opinion and backed it up with what others have found, coupled with a manufacturer design change.
You provided one excerpt from one article. Wow you really put out some effort there. The OP asked for opinions about guns within a range of 700 to 900 dollars but as usual some jackwagons have to throw in their hyper expensive choices even though they are irrelevant to the discussion based on the OP'S request. Why not just start a fanboy thread about overpriced guns where other people who bought similar guns at similar prices can pat each other on the back?

Latest posts

Top Bottom