Best 1911 for .......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Handled a lightweight Para Ordanance commander today that felt real nice. And Para has a $100 mail in rebate right now.... :-)

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something is wrong with you. I gave no expensive choices as a recommendation to the OP. In fact... here's what I said.... post #9

Only recommendation I gave to the OP, I gave my opinion of S&Ws but said they are good guns multiple times and you've thrown a hissy fit ever since.

GMThunder......your condesceding manners could drive a Nun to slit her wrists. It's nice to see that your still your own biggest fan. You made me laugh today! Thanks!

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Sig 1911 mags are equal to Wilsons and Tripps? Are you high? The ones that came with the Sig I looked at, at H&H were no where near the quality of the Tripp mags I have Sure they were better than alot I have seen but equal they were not

mag1.jpg

No I am not high I don't smoke. I attached a pic of 2 different tripp, wilson and the mag Sig uses which is an upgraded ACT. As you can see I am a tripp fan. I own his guns, a lot of his1911 mags and he rebuilds all my 2011 mags for me. This being said the mag that comes with the sig will perform equal to the tripp or the wilson in the sig tac ops in my opinion . When it comes to 1911 mags I am a hoarder and a critic. There are very few 1911 mags I don't own including AMT, Detonics and Safari. I am not much on insulting people so I will not question your knowledge of 1911 mags. Do not take my word for it when it comes to the quality of the sig mags. There was thorough testing done last year by the Texas Dept. of Public Safety. This testing was done to find the side arm for the DPS and the Texas Rangers. They landed on the Sig Tac Ops. Since Virgil Tripp is a 1911 master gunsmith and happens to live in Texas (Bastrop by way of Alpine back to Bastrop after they lost their house and shop to a fire) They tested the local Texas Cobra mags against the sig act. There was no measurable difference in their performance. The mags performed equally. The test results are available if you would like them. I like my tripp mags and have guns that only run tripp mags. The sig is not one of them though. In the sig the mags that come with the gun will perform equal to a tripp mag in the same gun. I don't know what you saw at H&H. Sig has had a lot of changes to their 1911. Their first guns were Caspian. The mags that come with the tac ops works! and I am not High.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot to add that one of the ACT mags in the pic is actually branded Nighthawk and came with my new Nighthawk 2 years back. Ed Brown mags were built by metalform and may still be. I am sure Nighthawk and Ed Brown would put together top of the line custom pistols and then put a piece of crap mag in them. That seems like a good business plan. No I am not high, just informed on 1911 magazines.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 35664

No I am not high I don't smoke. I attached a pic of 2 different tripp, wilson and the mag Sig uses which is an upgraded ACT. As you can see I am a tripp fan. I own his guns, a lot of his1911 mags and he rebuilds all my 2011 mags for me. This being said the mag that comes with the sig will perform equal to the tripp or the wilson in the sig tac ops in my opinion . When it comes to 1911 mags I am a hoarder and a critic. There are very few 1911 mags I don't own including AMT, Detonics and Safari. I am not much on insulting people so I will not question your knowledge of 1911 mags. Do not take my word for it when it comes to the quality of the sig mags. There was thorough testing done last year by the Texas Dept. of Public Safety. This testing was done to find the side arm for the DPS and the Texas Rangers. They landed on the Sig Tac Ops. Since Virgil Tripp is a 1911 master gunsmith and happens to live in Texas (Bastrop by way of Alpine back to Bastrop after they lost their house and shop to a fire) They tested the local Texas Cobra mags against the sig act. There was no measurable difference in their performance. The mags performed equally. The test results are available if you would like them. I like my tripp mags and have guns that only run tripp mags. The sig is not one of them though. In the sig the mags that come with the gun will perform equal to a tripp mag in the same gun. I don't know what you saw at H&H. Sig has had a lot of changes to their 1911. Their first guns were Caspian. The mags that come with the tac ops works! and I am not High.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.................:popcorn:................:tounge2::tounge2::tounge2:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to add that one of the ACT mags in the pic is actually branded Nighthawk and came with my new Nighthawk 2 years back. Ed Brown mags were built by metalform and may still be. I am sure Nighthawk and Ed Brown would put together top of the line custom pistols and then put a piece of crap mag in them. That seems like a good business plan. No I am not high, just informed on 1911 magazines.

OK new guy. I don't know you, but I like you already. Welcome.

EDIT: Wait a minute....you're not a new guy (2009). Must be a man of few words. Still like your thought process though.

Last edited:

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I'd have to be high to put that much thought toward 1911 magazines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom