Best 1911 for .......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 35664

No I am not high I don't smoke. I attached a pic of 2 different tripp, wilson and the mag Sig uses which is an upgraded ACT. As you can see I am a tripp fan. I own his guns, a lot of his1911 mags and he rebuilds all my 2011 mags for me. This being said the mag that comes with the sig will perform equal to the tripp or the wilson in the sig tac ops in my opinion . When it comes to 1911 mags I am a hoarder and a critic. There are very few 1911 mags I don't own including AMT, Detonics and Safari. I am not much on insulting people so I will not question your knowledge of 1911 mags. Do not take my word for it when it comes to the quality of the sig mags. There was thorough testing done last year by the Texas Dept. of Public Safety. This testing was done to find the side arm for the DPS and the Texas Rangers. They landed on the Sig Tac Ops. Since Virgil Tripp is a 1911 master gunsmith and happens to live in Texas (Bastrop by way of Alpine back to Bastrop after they lost their house and shop to a fire) They tested the local Texas Cobra mags against the sig act. There was no measurable difference in their performance. The mags performed equally. The test results are available if you would like them. I like my tripp mags and have guns that only run tripp mags. The sig is not one of them though. In the sig the mags that come with the gun will perform equal to a tripp mag in the same gun. I don't know what you saw at H&H. Sig has had a lot of changes to their 1911. Their first guns were Caspian. The mags that come with the tac ops works! and I am not High.

You seem to know more about the Sig Guns then I do. I am not sure which model I handled at H&H but the included mags were not the same quality as the Tripps or Wilson I own. I have about 2 dozen Tripp mags and probably close to that many Willson's either 47Ds or ETMs. Maybe they changed things since I looked at them or different models come with different mags but I will check them out again next time I am at a gun store. I will say that a quick google search brings up a lot of negative reviews for the ACT mags so I would be interested to know what upgrades are done to them for SIG. They seem to have a bad issue of feed lips cracking but maybe they fixed that. I do find it strange that the same mags that come from Nighthawk are the same ones that come with Rock Islands.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GMThunder......your condesceding manners could drive a Nun to slit her wrists. It's nice to see that your still your own biggest fan. You made me laugh today! Thanks!

Geez....you really are still butthurt about those TRP comments eh? It's interesting how closely you boys tie your feelings to your 1911 purchases.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 35664

No I am not high I don't smoke. I attached a pic of 2 different tripp, wilson and the mag Sig uses which is an upgraded ACT. As you can see I am a tripp fan. I own his guns, a lot of his1911 mags and he rebuilds all my 2011 mags for me. This being said the mag that comes with the sig will perform equal to the tripp or the wilson in the sig tac ops in my opinion . When it comes to 1911 mags I am a hoarder and a critic. There are very few 1911 mags I don't own including AMT, Detonics and Safari. I am not much on insulting people so I will not question your knowledge of 1911 mags. Do not take my word for it when it comes to the quality of the sig mags. There was thorough testing done last year by the Texas Dept. of Public Safety. This testing was done to find the side arm for the DPS and the Texas Rangers. They landed on the Sig Tac Ops. Since Virgil Tripp is a 1911 master gunsmith and happens to live in Texas (Bastrop by way of Alpine back to Bastrop after they lost their house and shop to a fire) They tested the local Texas Cobra mags against the sig act. There was no measurable difference in their performance. The mags performed equally. The test results are available if you would like them. I like my tripp mags and have guns that only run tripp mags. The sig is not one of them though. In the sig the mags that come with the gun will perform equal to a tripp mag in the same gun. I don't know what you saw at H&H. Sig has had a lot of changes to their 1911. Their first guns were Caspian. The mags that come with the tac ops works! and I am not High.

Just curious, could you post the tests they did?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a Ruger SR1911 Commander model......Seemed to be the best for my budget ($635)......Thanks for the input fellas....and the entertainment...LOL

Let me know how you like it. I really want one. Oh and I'm glad you never messaged me about my full size cause momma would have made me sell it haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom