Best 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby13dew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a big para fan. I've owned several over the years. They come standard with match barrels and triggers not to mention the 40% larger extractor.

20120620_095108.jpg

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Scooby - which Para models have you had the best luck with (others beyond the pics?). peeps may want that carrot as their Xtracter was a good selling point, just the rest of the gun has been hit or miss over the years from what other owners have conveyed. the p14 was a good shooter that i had time with but darn heavy and bulky which is why i liked the grip............

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say thanks to this thread I have decided which one to buy but i do have another question and not sure if its new thread material so here,
I love the way Sig Scorpions have the magwell grip extensions type deal, are those worth buying after market? or is it a personal preference?

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say thanks to this thread I have decided which one to buy but i do have another question and not sure if its new thread material so here,
I love the way Sig Scorpions have the magwell grip extensions type deal, are those worth buying after market? or is it a personal preference?
That's a unique system by Hogue. Not sure how great it is or isn't, but aftermarket magwells are common on 1911s that need really fast reloads.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The BEST 1911.....

Is the one that works. No matter who makes it or what it costs.

Truth!! Except for my dad's .38spl. revolver(Dad was never big on handguns), the first handgun I started out with was a Remington-Rand 1911A1 while still in the US Army. I have never been without a personally owned 1911A1, along with other types of .45acp handguns. Along with .22lr handguns the .45acp has to be one of the most fun cartridges to shoot regardless of type.

Latest posts

Top Bottom