best ar trigger for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahhh the Geissele coolade! Hey they are GREAT triggers, no doubt! Are they better than J.P. well I think they are the same. BTW back about 7 years ago we did quite a bit with the guys at Cambell, Brag and Irwin and the J.P. was considered tier one stuff. Although it isn't advertised the J.P. trigger works in the full auto mode as well as the Geissele, the reason the J.P. wasn't accepted at the time was a matter of production VOLUME. Geissele could and has made the quota for the Mark-12 rifles. This isn't to say that the Geissele isn't a great trigger... it is great, but for half the cost....J.P..... at least for me.

As an aside I have over 50,000 rounds on one in a full auto GAU-5 and it is still working great! KurtM

Wish I would've known that before I popped for the SSF! *sigh*

Oh well, at least I got a great deal on it!

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have stoned several triggers, and installed several, the best I have found so far is the CMMG 2 stage. The only problem I had with them is that they were so good that they went burst/auto, and I had to recall almost all the ones I sold. They have fixed the problem. They have brass bushings, so once greased,the feel is like silk. They are not priced bad either.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have stoned several triggers, and installed several, the best I have found so far is the CMMG 2 stage. The only problem I had with them is that they were so good that they went burst/auto, and I had to recall almost all the ones I sold. They have fixed the problem. They have brass bushings, so once greased,the feel is like silk. They are not priced bad either.

Que????

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Isnt this more of a problem with the timing of the disconnect?

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they were adjusting pull weight of the trigger and it got past 3 # it started to burts, that is when I had to start sending them back to CMMG. You are welcome to call CMMG about the problem that has been taken care of.

Gotcha just was curious - I know when the timing is off with the disconnect it can cause a similar problem.

Also - read a lot on the evil ARFCOM - Bill Springfield's QC has really gone down lately - probably due to the high demand now of his services

Latest posts

Top Bottom