best ar trigger for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cearven1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im about to start building a new lower and would like a better than stock trigger but dont wanna have too much into the lower. its going on my bushmaster predator upper so i was kinda leaning towards the rra two stage but ive always wanted to try a timney anyone useing either one of them and have any advice

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JP's single-stage is supposed to be awesome - if you're not afraid to do some fitting work (I'm too chicken to do the work myself).

I've got a Bill Springfield in one of my guns, but I've now heard rumors that his QC has slipped a bit on some of his later triggers.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RRA is the best for the cash I think, but Timney is a good trigger also. There are several others that can be had for less than a Timney, such as Geissle. There triggers are gooooooooddddd! Jewell, CMMG, and others for 2 stage. The adjustments can be cumbersom on some of them, that is why I say RRA. No adjustment, crisp and clean, and a simple drop in setup. If not that then I'd go with Geissle's drop in nonadjustable, unless your good at adjusting triggers.

schwazche

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the cheapest, but I can adjust the break on my Geissele SSA down to 1.5 lbs. Absolutely the best I've ever used and I've 2 two-stage RRAs in my other ARs. They're good, but nothing like the Geissele.

It's on my Colt HBAR Elite.
ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd58_schwazche_ColtNF.jpg

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the JP. The Giessele always scores high marks. For a great, rock solid, no moveable/adjustable parts, single stage, I really like my Accuracy Speaks. It is a light, creep free, great break trigger.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the best AR trigger for the $$$ is free!!!

learn how to do trigger jobs and your triggers are wonderful for life.

just make sure your sear angles stay positive and are able to survive a full on slam test without release.

cearven1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
easy adjustment is kinda a must i know a good smith but im trying to learn to do most of this stuff myself its gonna be on a ar mostly used for hunting so it really dont need to be a real light trigger just a clean breaking one i havent looked at many but i like the price range to be around 150 or less

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
easy adjustment is kinda a must i know a good smith but im trying to learn to do most of this stuff myself its gonna be on a ar mostly used for hunting so it really dont need to be a real light trigger just a clean breaking one i havent looked at many but i like the price range to be around 150 or less

For your purposes, I would suggest a Bill Springfield trigger job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom