Best BBQ in Okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Swadley's. I used to hit the Mustang location with my family quite a bit. I can't believe no one mentioned Bubba's BBQ in the shopping center on Northwest 39th and Portland.

It changed names about a year or so ago, Harley's I think. Everyone still calls it Bubba's though, it's the same cook iirc he just purchased from Bubba I think.

I haven't been in about six or seven months since I moved to the Tulsa area.

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went to Jacks BBQ of NW 39th and Meridian...Use to be a dirty hole in the wall huge portions awesome fries (or what ever you call them) type of place. Well it got closed down for awhile...I think for heath code reasons. Anyhow its been open for awhile so thought we would go I was REALLY wanting the fried potato things they have. Well door says they close at 830...we got there at 745. That is plenty of time to eat I thought and not like we walked in at last moment. Well everything looked clean...orderly etc. Big improvement. My kiddos proceeded to order what they wanted and I noticed the girl in back fixing the orders (its a line type of deal with food right there that they make then you pay and sit with it) was not really giving even "kid" size portions (I was paying regular prices NOT kid prices). Then came my turn and I asked for there famous fried potatos..."oh sorry we already closed down the frier" WHAT that was THE reason I was going there. It was 45 minutes before closing. It pissed me off and we should have walked out then but she had already made two plates of food so we stayed. My regular size 10year old step son ordered a "dinner with smoked turkey and green beans and pasta salad sides" He was still hungry after because portions were so small. My chopped beef sandwich was dry and small and my side of mac and cheese was very "out of a can" type/taste. HUGE disappointment for a place that use to be really good I would avoid. Staff was also unfriendly. I just have nothing good to say...not to mention it was expensive. (all BBQ seems to be now days) Earls or Rib Crib BEAT it big time and those are chains.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Swadley's. I used to hit the Mustang location with my family quite a bit. I can't believe no one mentioned Bubba's BBQ in the shopping center on Northwest 39th and Portland.

It changed names about a year or so ago, Harley's I think. Everyone still calls it Bubba's though, it's the same cook iirc he just purchased from Bubba I think.

I haven't been in about six or seven months since I moved to the Tulsa area.

Not bubba's anymore. Haven't been back since the owner change. Was good but expensive when it was bubba's.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any place in OK that serves real BBQ not that wet slop you serve to swine that is southern bbq?

You might try Wheelers Meat Market at the corner of SE 44th and I-35 on the east side of the interstate.

It ain't sit down but they don't do sloppy BBQ. Best ribs in OKC IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom