Best Donuts in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend that owned daylight donuts in Choctaw back in the 80's-90's
I always had donuts.
He always had a mechanic.
1 to 2AM making donuts and then delivering a truck load of them to many of the convenience stores before 6 AM.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2. Shipley's
When my mom and dad were working down in Texas a few years back, they stopped at a Shipley's in a small town. Dad had to stay with the vehicle, so Mom went in to get some donuts. She said an older gentleman (she was in her 70s at the time) held the door for her because, well, some gentlemen still exist, and a bunch of them are found in smaller towns.

At any rate, she thanked him, went in, and placed her order. While she was paying, he was trying to order, but it turned out that most of what he wanted she had gotten the last of them.

Some days it just doesn't pay to be a gentleman...

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Little-Debbie-Powdered-Mini-Donuts-bagged-10-oz_10672aca-60c1-4e1f-b06b-79333578d5cb.fe04e5e3...jpeg

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll have to try them out now that I’m on this side of the state. Livi Lee’s in Sand Springs is the best I’ve had so far. I miss it.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not tried their donuts but I will.

I have tried at least 20 donut stores in Oklahoma and Gourmet donuts in Noble is the best hands down so far for me.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gourmet-donuts-noble

I test a place by getting the apple fritter and a chocolate and a maple and blueberry donut and the little crinkled donut that tasted similar to a dunkin stick.

I love donuts.
My favs are the crinkly glazed looking ones I think are called Crullers
When I was at ODOT, the snack bar had coffee and donuts each morning. It was ran by a state sponsored deal for the blind.
They bought the donuts from Daylight Donuts. I saw the delivery come in one morning and they were in a box. Darrel, the blind man, had a donut tray with a clear plastic lid and he would transfer the boxed donuts to this tray. He removed the lid and picked each donut up with his fingers to place in the display box. About every other donut he moved, he would lick his thumb and finger and grab another.
He also filled your soda at his fountain with 1 finger over the top so he could feel when it was full.
I only bought packaged food from Darrell.
My sister was watching a fast food worker at a taco joint prepare her tacos. Not only did he not wear a hair net she said he ran his fingers through his hair every time he wrapped a taco.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right behind crullers I like those buttermilk ones that look like they exploded. You can have all the maple bars, I hate all things maple except maple syrup on pancakes or waffles....period. My aunt used to eat it on her EGGS! That's what I like about Caseys they not only have crullers but their brown icing is caramel instead of maple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom