Best Ice Cream In Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you want a treat go to Gaetano's 12141 south elm Jenks. it is a pizza place -- but with 20 or so flavors of ice cream made in Wisconsin. Best ice cream I have ever had. My son used to live over in that area is how I found it, but we still go over there to get ice cream even though it is about 20 miles and my son isnt there.. see the pic of one of their cups. I am telling you it is worth it if you like ice cream. :-)
gaetano cup.jpg
gaetanos.jpg

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Favorite flavor of mine is black walnut. I don't like any of the cookie junk. Second would be rocky road. They could leave out the marshmallows.
I made black walnut for a friend of mine, the first bite was horrible, then every bite afterwards was just amazing. I dont know the science, I just know I love it but that first bite is bitter and sharp.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you want a treat go to Gaetano's 12141 south elm Jenks. it is a pizza place -- but with 20 or so flavors of ice cream made in Wisconsin. Best ice cream I have ever had. My son used to live over in that area is how I found it, but we still go over there to get ice cream even though it is about 20 miles and my son isnt there.. see the pic of one of their cups. I am telling you it is worth it if you like ice cream. :-)View attachment 488093View attachment 488094
Thank you

JH47

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The frozen custards are good. The best is in on the strip in Branson.
But, frozen custard is NOT ice cream.
All poodles are dogs, not all dogs are poodles.
All frozen custards are ice cream, not all ice creams are frozen custard.
Frozen yogurt is not ice cream.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made black walnut for a friend of mine, the first bite was horrible, then every bite afterwards was just amazing. I dont know the science, I just know I love it but that first bite is bitter and sharp.
The Black Walnut meat is high in tannins. Very bitter. There is also a tiny bit of salt in the ice cream. The salt molecules bind to the bitterness receptors on your tongue and prevent you from tasting the bitterness, but it takes a moment to do so. During the first bite, before the bitterness receptors are blocked, you taste it.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best ice cream I've ever experienced comes from the Pure Joy Ice Cream Shop in Siloam Springs. It's owned by a local couple who make all the varieties themselves.
Yes, Siloam Springs is in Arkansas, but it borders the State line. So you can be back in the Sooner State before your ice cream even starts to melt. https://www.purejoyicecream.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom