Best Philly Cheesesteak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like phat PHILLY'S here in Tulsa, especially since it's less than a mile from my apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yummm. That would be cool. Im stuck out in the boonies and have to run in there if I want one but thankfully theyre open really late and I can grab one on my back out to the cuntry.

Phat Phillys-

open till 4 am on
Fridays & Saturdays weekly!

Cheesesteaks

Phat Philly’s Cheesesteak
steak, grilled onions, bell peppers & whiz.
8" Phat - $7.99
12" Phatter - $11.29

Chicken Philly
chicken, grilled onions, bell peppers & melted monterey jack cheese.
8" Phat - $7.59
12" Phatter - $10.99

Veggie Philly
mushrooms, jalapenos, grilled onions, bell peppers, black olives, tomatos, melted monterey jack & provolone.
8" Phat - $7.59
12" Phatter - $10.99

Breakfast Philly
sausage, egg, grilled onions, bell peppers & whiz.
8" Phat - $7.59
12" Phatter - $10.99

Extras
mushrooms, jalapenos, pizza sauce, egg, black olives.
8" Phat - $0.49/ea
12" Phatter - $0.79/ea

Premium Extras
bacon, provolone, chili or extra cheese (whiz or monterey jack).
8" Phat - $0.79/ea
12" Phatter - $1.29/ea

Extra Meats
steak, chicken or sausage.
8" Phat - $1.99/ea
12" Phatter - $2.99/ea

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True story. I was in Baltimore awhile back and I ate at Fat Larry's Philly Cheesesteaks. It was decent but not as good as Steak Stuffers in Tulsa.

Was in Baltimore not long ago too. Been there. The service was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one this morning before I saw the thread, I tried a place called messy jesseys cheesesteaks on 39th and Portland and it was really good. Friendly people on there also.

I'll add this, they said they make their own cheese whiz from scratch.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Phat Phillys is gross unless you tell them to leave the gallon of cheese whiz off. I prefer the ones with provolone. Saw the table next to me order some at The Brook Saturday night. Looked and smelled pretty good. I'm gonna try one next time I'm there.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one this morning before I saw the thread, I tried a place called messy jesseys cheesesteaks on 39th and Portland and it was really good. Friendly people on there also.

I'll add this, they said they make their own cheese whiz from scratch.

The wife and I drove up and ate there late yesterday afternoon.....take into consideration that this was our first ever Philly cheese steak sandwich so we have nothing else to compare it to.

The sandwich itself had a ton of meat and other ingredients on it and was very filling but we felt the cheese whiz was thin-ish and not as heavy and as thick as we would have liked or have seen on tv.

Their creole flavored coleslaw didn't appeal to us nor did their in house and fresh made (flavored with something ?) chips.

The people working there were very friendly and both the eating area and restrooms were clean.

Did the sandwich make a big enough impression to where we'd make the drive up to eat there again ?.......probably not.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wanted to try it so we went, I'll stand on the ground I liked it and we ate it there and the cheese was runny but it thickened up as the sandwich cooled. First time I went I took it home and it was great. Would I drive an hour for it probably not but its 10 min from my house and they deliver to my house so I will go there again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom