Best Place To See The Ocean

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're on a tighter budget, Allegiant Air flies from okc and Tulsa to just outside Orlando. From there you can get a rental car and do both the Atlantic side and over to St Pete area. I did that a couple weeks ago and flight plus car was under $300.

A quick drive to DFW gives you Spirit Airlines, the hands down worst domestic carrier ever but dirt cheap. I flew them for $120 to Puerto Rico last year. I've seen Myrtle Beach for under $100 lately.

A tip if you have an early flight from DFW. Use Priceline name your own price in the north Dallas airport area 4 star hotels. The only ones fitting that criteria are the Hyatt on the airport property for usually about $60. A night there site beats leaving okc at 230 to catch a flight!

Depends on your vehicle and fuel prices. From Tulsa for me it's at least 8 gallons and since I ain't parking my bike at an airport that means the wifes car at 15 gallons or my truck at 20 gallons each way, @$3.50 per gallon plus a $60 stay I come out ahead just taking the hit and paying for the commuter leg. Now if it's my wife and I then it's better to drive down and back to catch a cheap flight.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hawaii is nice anytime of the year...
560321_2994845285084_76106553_n.jpg574826_2994847005127_1751353121_n.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I can't believe none of the normal smart-alecks commented on this.

So, I will.

Best seen from above the surface of the water.

Otherwise, your time is limited.

As for where, I like rugged beaches and coastlines. I got to see quite a bit of northern California when I was stationed north of San Francisco. Anywhere from there on up the coast to Oregon and Washington was good for me.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to consider Newport Beach my second home. A lot of people near Balboa pier and Newport pier, so we go a little north and park at West Newport park at 57th and Seashore Dr right off of PCH. Very few people on the beach there. Don't forget sunscreen.

Newport Beach is where I was born, raised and now live. IMO, there is just too much to see and do in SoCal to not make your beach experience on Orange County. Yes, the summer time brings the crowds but it is worth every penny. If it is this summer you want to do your beach trip them I would suggest early September for Newport and SoCal. All the schools and colleges (ie crowds) are back in school and the beaches much less crowded. Between the beaches, restaurants, entertainment/amusement parks and the general scenery between Newport and San Diego, you can go wrong.

If you choose to come out this way, let me know and I can give you plenty of pointers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom