Best restaurant for a date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you really want to impress a girl you don't take her out to eat! . . . If you really want to impress a girl, cook for her!

Pretty good advice. And, consider setting up an easel during dessert and show her some flip charts that highlight your investments and earning potential. Feel free to exaggerate as needed--she'll love you for it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have skimmed all 4 pages and noticed you guys have totally missed it! If you really want to impress a girl you don't take her out to eat! All that does is show off how much money you have...which the girls that are worth dating really don't care about. If you really want to impress a girl, cook for her! Learn how to cook a 3-4 course meal, it shows the girl that you have skills and are willing to spend time preparing something to make her happy. Set up a romantic environment, nice table cloth, candle light, nice dishes, etc...You'll thank me later! If you've ever met me you'll notice I am nothing special to look at and I don't have a lot of cash but I scored an absolutely beautiful wife (who has stayed with me for 16 years!) because a girl wants a guy that isn't trying to show off, they want someone who treats them like a goddess!

Even if you completely screw up she will know you tried! Besides, you can take her to one of the restaraunts mentioned above on your 2nd or 3rd date.

You must know how to build up trust pretty quickly, if you can have the woman come to your place, or go to her place, to cook dinner - on the first date? Or are you talking of preparing the meal, then serving it at a neutral place like a park?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Know what impressed me the most on our first date? The fact that GC talked to me, not my boobs. Man looked me in the eye all through lunch. I learned later that he snuck a peek or two but I didn't catch him. That is impressive in it's own right because I was keeping an eye on him ... lol

(Yeah, I didn't do dinner dates back then ... Had to get home to the kids after work but I'd be glad to meet a guy for lunch.) Besides, a man who won't take you to lunch when he knows you have to get back to work -- no chance to score a quickie ;) or try to wear you down -- isn't worth dating in the first place. I really thinned the herd quickly with my No Dinner Dates rule.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have skimmed all 4 pages and noticed you guys have totally missed it! If you really want to impress a girl you don't take her out to eat! All that does is show off how much money you have...which the girls that are worth dating really don't care about. If you really want to impress a girl, cook for her! Learn how to cook a 3-4 course meal, it shows the girl that you have skills and are willing to spend time preparing something to make her happy. Set up a romantic environment, nice table cloth, candle light, nice dishes, etc...You'll thank me later! If you've ever met me you'll notice I am nothing special to look at and I don't have a lot of cash but I scored an absolutely beautiful wife (who has stayed with me for 16 years!) because a girl wants a guy that isn't trying to show off, they want someone who treats them like a goddess!

Even if you completely screw up she will know you tried! Besides, you can take her to one of the restaraunts mentioned above on your 2nd or 3rd date.

I actually think you missed the point. The OP asked for a restaurant, so we suggested restaurants. If had asked for date ideas, we'd suggest date ideas. Also, you could come off as cheap if you never take her out.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really thinned the herd quickly with my No Dinner Dates rule.

I would think a guy would prefer a lunch date to a dinner date - what if he didn't care for the woman? It's easier to bail quickly at lunchtime, using the "back to work" excuse, than to fall back on the "emergency" call from a friend at dinnertime :wink2:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruffies...

LOL ...

I would think a guy would prefer a lunch date to a dinner date - what if he didn't care for the woman? It's easier to bail quickly at lunchtime, using the "back to work" excuse, than to fall back on the "emergency" call from a friend at dinnertime :wink2:

Yep ... that knife does cut both ways but I was amazed at the number of guys who wanted dinner dates (and drinks) but weren't willing to go to lunch (no drinks) ... no skin off my teeth, just one less "hey, you owe me cuz I bought you dinner and besides you know you want it ... I'm hot (or powerful .. or a lawyer...), you're lucky I asked you out" arguments I had to deal with ...

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must know how to build up trust pretty quickly, if you can have the woman come to your place, or go to her place, to cook dinner - on the first date? Or are you talking of preparing the meal, then serving it at a neutral place like a park?

It's been almost 20 years since I have had to date anyone so I might just be showing my age here but I never just asked some stranger out. I always knew the person first so there was already trust.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually think you missed the point. The OP asked for a restaurant, so we suggested restaurants. If had asked for date ideas, we'd suggest date ideas. Also, you could come off as cheap if you never take her out.

That's why you do a 3-4 course meal not chinese take out. You can always take her out to a nice restaraunt on the next date (as stated above). I am just saying what worked me...to each their own.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look.....bottom line.....you want this woman to really, really like you right??!!

**Just do what Chef told Stan to do, to make a woman really like him!!!***
Southpark style!!!

You know this is a joke........boy am I gonna be banned for a few months for that JOKE!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom