Best survival knife?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^

Uh, I've been busy lately, and haven't been able to express my normal amount of daily weirdness IRL. Sometimes it comes to the surface in the form of weirdness on the internet. I've got to let it out, mang. I am ashamed and I do apologize.

Please return to the regularly scheduled discussion. Where were we? Combination knife/bivouac?

I'm just messing with you man. I got most of what you were saying. I think Dustin or someone posted that a while back and it cracks me up everytime I see it, so I couldn't resist when I saw your post.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ez bake...you were just messing with me? Why didn't you tell me that? I WAS PISSED. The audacity of that damn pear as a retort to my post was over uncalled for, or so I thought at the time. I really need to keep my emotions in check.

OK, maybe a little extreme. RAT 5 maybe?

I'm looking at the RAT 3 on my desk, and I really wouldn't want anything much longer for a general outdoor knife. I can't really think of a time when I've needed a longer knife, and they are just more to carry. Big knives are too specialized IMO. a 3-4" fixed blade can do a lot of things.

What can a 5-6" knife do that a 3-4" can't, and how often would you need to do that? And how often would the extra length be a hindrance? I know when field dressing a deer, cutting rope, making a fuzzy toothbrush or what not, it would annoy me greatly. Maybe it's just me.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Busse SAR4?? I love mine.

Or for something smaller but really nice and super functional, how about a Billy Helton EDC? I just picked up my Damascus with armadillo bolsters and it's awesome!!!! I just had to buy a regular EDC while I was there, too. I love supporting a local guy too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom