Best survival knife?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used and SOG 6" fixed blade knife in SERE and it served me very well. Had my KA-BAR not been lost in packing boxes I would have used it. KA-BAR's were very popular among SERE students and instructors. ASEK knives are good too, but I'm not sure I'd spend the money on one.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Multi tools are fer kweers. NTTAWWT, Also TANAK (They Are Not A Knife).

Long knives suck. You gonna wanna be should conspirin to start in on doing no buscraft skeel tipe stuff nor gutting no deers with no Rambo nife??? No. No no, Nanette. Wut about feelaying a feesh? Gotting a trowt? How would one even begin to be not having that length be all in the way. Biggar is not always better, this is not Tejas. When how should often you be havin need that 2" that it be justifyin all the gettin' in the way?

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, the length of Jack's knife don't make up for his...I've lost my train of thought.

3" -4" fixed blade, non-serrated. Just don't plunge it into your femoral artery, because at that point it is not a survival knife any longer.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just in: Blurry, poorly lit, awful cell phone pics of a well used Mora 510 in a sheath with a Sweedish Firesteel, and my RAT RC-3. I also have a RAT Izula that's pretty handy.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Multi tools are fer kweers. NTTAWWT, Also TANAK (They Are Not A Knife).

Long knives suck. You gonna wanna be should conspirin to start in on doing no buscraft skeel tipe stuff nor gutting no deers with no Rambo nife??? No. No no, Nanette. Wut about feelaying a feesh? Gotting a trowt? How would one even begin to be not having that length be all in the way. Biggar is not always better, this is not Tejas. When how should often you be havin need that 2" that it be justifyin all the gettin' in the way?

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, the length of Jack's knife don't make up for his...I've lost my train of thought.

3" -4" fixed blade, non-serrated. Just don't plunge it into your femoral artery, because at that point it is not a survival knife any longer.

alolwut.com_layout_lolwut.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^

Uh, I've been busy lately, and haven't been able to express my normal amount of daily weirdness IRL. Sometimes it comes to the surface in the form of weirdness on the internet. I've got to let it out, mang. I am ashamed and I do apologize.

Please return to the regularly scheduled discussion. Where were we? Combination knife/bivouac?

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think the gerber lmf2 would be a good buy. was $60 at lapolicegear.com.

I used and SOG 6" fixed blade knife in SERE and it served me very well. Had my KA-BAR not been lost in packing boxes I would have used it. KA-BAR's were very popular among SERE students and instructors. ASEK knives are good too, but I'm not sure I'd spend the money on one.

SOG Fusion Micron for the win. Anything bigger is just compensating!

These are all good choices IMHO

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread got me to looking at SOG knives and I couldn't help but order a couple of the Salute Black Oxide's. I like their looks. Hope they are good knives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom