Best survival knife?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This little baby right here. circa 1986
awww.outinstyle.com_Merchant2_graphics_products_detail_RCO_3230_d.jpg

Just say no to hollow handle knives.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just say no to hollow handle knives.

beg to differ....Martin Knives.....FTW on hollow handles...

Here is my humble humble opinion on knives.

There are so many choices out there that nailing one brand down for a specific use is pretty damn hard.
Here are some that I have carried and still use and a couple of reasons why.

MK2 USN. (KaBar) Stout and well built with decent (see correctable) ergonomics in the handle. Can be had really cheap from Ontario for the current issue model. Sub $45.00

Frosts Mora 2000. ONE of THE BEST woods knives I have ever had Period. cuts like a laser, lightweight and hold a great edge. Ergonomics are wonderful and its really cheap. 25.00

Kellam Wolverine, same attributes as the Mora but much more expensive. 100+

Blind Horse Large WorkHorse. Great Field knife for all types of jobs....I love the steel (D2) and its just about perfect in length. right about 9 inches OAL. It cuts great and holds a good edge. interchangeable scales and a neat thong hole. 160.00

BHK Colonial Patch knife. Great little piece of kit here. 6 inches made out of sawmill steel (O1 i believe ) wears well around the neck in a pouch style sheath and is a neat little user. 40.00

Boker USN MK1 deck knife. Good timeless design that uses SK5 steel and stacked leather in the handle. Cuts well and has a nice sheath currently running with me in my bag at work, eats car upholstery up nicely. 50.00

Barker Knives Tosa. Wow is all I can say about these knives. John turns a great knife with great though behind them. Made of CPM3V this blade just cuts and ask for more its a nice sized knife. Kydex on the sheath. I know this knife can take serious abuse. I have seen one at 20000 ft dig a cat hole and cut climbing rope and cut a car door open (interior) on I 35.

of course I have many many others to list but I am lazy so this is where I stop for now.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the best survival knife is the one on your person

This guy right here gets it. I keep a Boker kalishnikov on me at all times and my Coye ridgeback nearly almost all the time.

Now if the emergency survival situation occurs near my truck there is also a cold steel canadian belt knife and western hunter as well as a fillet knife and a SOG team leader in there. Got a hatchet too, as well as a tent, tarps, food, rope lantern, heater, 8 bottles of propane, case of bottled water and a full 3 liter camelback, this time of year I also keep my orange parka system and insulated coveralls in the truck.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blind Horse Large WorkHorse. Great Field knife for all types of jobs....I love the steel (D2) and its just about perfect in length. right about 9 inches OAL. It cuts great and holds a good edge. interchangeable scales and a neat thong hole. 160.00

Yeah I always knew that yall Langston guys get freaky like that, with tying a knife to your thong

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have been more clear. This will be used more for hiking, camping, hunting. I have plenty of folding knives (Benchmade 9050 Auto, Gerber Evo, 10 year old Gerber Gator, CRKT, and a Buck) I'm wanting a quality FIXED blade...

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It's all a matter of personal preference. I'd like to think my Randall 18 is the perfect survival knife but I might scratch it if I actually use it. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom