Best Zombie movie ever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are the 28 Days folks actually Zombies? I haven't seen any of them before.... I WILL watch them someday but they are never on when I can catch them.

In my opinion and by my definition, yes. There are the purists that feel only those raised by some form of the dark arts or unknown force to be zombies. I include those that are infected by some virus as well. If the hoards coming at you are the mindless humans that are no longer human and it takes a head shot or decapitation (or some similar completely gruesome means) to stop them, and their only goal is to eat you; then they are zombies in my book. So yeah, for me, "I Am Legend", "28 Days/Months Later", "The Crazies", etc. are zombie movies. And dang good ones at that.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In my opinion and by my definition, yes. There are the purists that feel only those raised by some form of the dark arts or unknown force to be zombies. I include those that are infected by some virus as well. If the hoards coming at you are the mindless humans that are no longer human and it takes a head shot or decapitation (or some similar completely gruesome means) to stop them, and their only goal is to eat you; then they are zombies in my book. So yeah, for me, "I Am Legend", "28 Days/Months Later", "The Crazies", etc. are zombie movies. And dang good ones at that.
Zombies are reanimated corpses. The people in 28 Days Later have a disease that makes them act that way. They waste away and they die as people do. Similar in appearance but not the same.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't consider "28 Days Later" or "Zombieland" to be zombie movies. The baddies in the former are infected with a "rage" virus, and the baddies in the latter are infected by a gnarly case of mad cow.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, the only zombie movie I've seen is Night of the Living Dead and I saw it at the theater. I'm still creeped out.

220px-Night_of_the_Living_Dead_affiche.jpg

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zombies are reanimated corpses. The people in 28 Days Later have a disease that makes them act that way. They waste away and they die as people do. Similar in appearance but not the same.

I said as much in my post. The only distinction I am making is that by my definition/my opinion/the way I view it, I consider the "virus type" no different than the "reanimated type." Opinions vary and I'm ok with that. To me, solely my opinion, they are, for entertainment purposes and the purpose of the story line, one in the same. I actually prefer the "virus type" because it's more believable than the "reanimated by some strange force" type. I still concider it a zombie movie even if they are of the virus type.

Latest posts

Top Bottom