Bill would allow CLEET certified educators to carry in OK schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most of the lottery money goes to colleges right now, So it would take some effort which I think would recieve stiff opposition from OU's politically save president.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, that's a good point though. "Don't we care enough about our children to redirect the 4% (or whatever it is) of building costs that has to go to artwork to securing our schools?"

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just change the current law to allow all SDA license holders to carry on school property.

This seems to work in Texas.

Remember, in the USA, no one has been injured or killed after confronting an active shooter with any armed response.

That's actually not true.

In the Tacoma Mall shooting in 2005, two armed citizens confronted an active shooter but refrained from firing for fear of hitting innocent bystanders. One left paralyzed after being shot once in the leg and four times in the torso.

In the Tyler, Texas courthouse shooting in 2005, an armed citizen fired on an active shooter arguably preventing the shooter from murdering the shooter's son. The shooter was wearing body armor and turned his focus toward the armed citizen. The armed citizen was fatally wounded before the shooter fled and had to be pursued by police. (This shooting is famous for the video of the trained sniper riding on the hood of a police cruiser during the pursuit.)

In the Thurston High School shooting in 1998, a wounded student tackled the shooter (along with several other students) and received another wound along with another student.

I'm sure there's probably more, but those are the ones that I recall off the top of my head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom