Bill would allow CLEET certified educators to carry in OK schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the latest comments from Rep McCullough indicate he's angling for making these teachers/staff reserve officers. It would cost less than "resource" officers, and if the individuals were sworn peace officers recognized by teh State of OK, that makes all the state and federal carry restrictions on school property vanish. I don't think this is a bad idea at all, especially as a first step. He's also talking about helping fund the CLEET courses.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mentioned this at the dinner table the other night, and my mother-in-law (an elementary school secretary) vehemently decried such an idea. "You don't want children to be in that type of environment! To have to be scared at school!" to which my response was, "so you'd rather them have a false sense of security than to actually be secure? What would you suggest if a guy came in to shoot up the school?" "I don't know, I just know that's not the right solution"

Later she found out I was an NRA member, and said "No wonder you're so radical 'Let's put guns in all the schools!'", to which my brother-in-law said "You've been hanging out with your sister too long" (an ultra-liberal lawyer)

We've got a long ways to go with these people....

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mentioned this at the dinner table the other night, and my mother-in-law (an elementary school secretary) vehemently decried such an idea. "You don't want children to be in that type of environment! To have to be scared at school!" to which my response was, "so you'd rather them have a false sense of security than to actually be secure? What would you suggest if a guy came in to shoot up the school?" "I don't know, I just know that's not the right solution"

Later she found out I was an NRA member, and said "No wonder you're so radical 'Let's put guns in all the schools!'", to which my brother-in-law said "You've been hanging out with your sister too long" (an ultra-liberal lawyer)

We've got a long ways to go with these people....

Thing of beauty right there.

Yeah, we do. But the lives of our children are worth the effort. The more people carry, the more likely an armed citizen is to eventually end one of these situations. I hate to say it, but it will take something like that to change their minds, and even that won't convince most of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom