Bought a new Tacoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my 3 year old grandson. He likes pa’s truck for some reason, so I thought he needed his own.

8A1E4F81-140A-4F50-989F-97ECC57D7E31.jpeg
CC3F74E8-69AD-492B-8C7B-E924C29DECCD.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great job Grandpa!
God, I miss my Tacoma. 95 model with zero mechanical issues after 356,000 miles.
Should have kept it for a farm truck vs selling it. I had absolute confidence in forging any mudhole in front of me knowing it was going to come out on the other end.
Never got that same confidence from the Tundra that came after it or the current F-250.
Tires the major issue I guess as the current models sported AT tires vs mud lugs.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great job Grandpa!
God, I miss my Tacoma. 95 model with zero mechanical issues after 356,000 miles.
Should have kept it for a farm truck vs selling it. I had absolute confidence in forging any mudhole in front of me knowing it was going to come out on the other end.
Never got that same confidence from the Tundra that came after it or the current F-250.
Tires the major issue I guess as the current models sported AT tires vs mud lugs.
I do like the reliability but I can’t stand the gearing. This thing can’t pull the hat off your head and if you have a good Oklahoma head wind going down hill, it may drop to 4th gear to make it down it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do like the reliability but I can’t stand the gearing. This thing can’t pull the hat off your head and if you have a good Oklahoma head wind going down hill, it may drop to 4th gear to make it down it.
You must have the 4 cylinder model. I had the V6 with automatic transmission. Plenty of power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom