Britton won't be down for breakfast in the UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the UK has declared itself to be a sovereign nation again, in control of its own borders and foreign policy, and one-worlders (one-Europers?) round the globe are wetting themselves.
Ignore the markets for now - days to day swings mean nothing and the long term effects are far from clear.
Some US officials are saying that it will be hard to continue with our "special relationship" with the UK - why?
We were friends, allies, and trading partners with the UK long before the EU existed nothing about the so-called BREXIT vote is a threat to the US or its relationship with the UK.
Also the UK isn't leaving NATO so we still have a strong standing formal defense relationship.
Some trade agreements will have to be reworked but, I presume, in many cases the terms could simply remain in force until some formal replacements is drawn up.

Seems like a lot of huffing and puffing over not very much.

With regard to your last sentence above, oddly as it may seem, I am at an outdoor venue watching Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing." Methinks this whole Brexit affair is the same. I, for one, care not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They also seem to have a credible conservative media. I think ours needs bolstering.

What conservative media? Even FOX is all over what a terrible idea this was, because the money is more important than sovereignty or nationality. Yes, there are some FOX personalities saying it was done for good reasons, but overall? No. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched some first person interviews on tv today about why this happened from people that live in Britain.
It's all about immigration according to them. British congress or what ever they have been called, has promised to reduce the 300,000 immigrants a year to 1/2 that......it never has met its promises, since the inception of the EU.
When an immigrant comes into the EU, they get a passport. They can migrate from Greece to Great Britain at will seeking the best social handouts available.
No borders in the one world EU.
Angilica Merkle started it all with allowing 500,000 military aged men into her country to fill jobs because the German people weren't copulating enough.
Surprise! The immigrants didn't use the jobs opportunity, they chose the liberal hand outs.
Just like Great Britain. They did not assimilate. They formed little middle eastern clans around minarets to continue the type of shithole living they claimed to want to escape from.
In Great Britain now, there are over 800 shirea courts with Minarets popping up every where.

Hillary wants to increase the number of immigrants from that area by huge numbers in order to gain votes.
I believe it was in 2008 that Obama suspended immigration for 6 months from Iraq because we couldn't vett them.
Yet he seems to forget that with the military aged Syrian male refugees he is now fast tracking into the US, he is whining and denigrating Trump for wanting to do the same thing.
Amazing.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'd rather be shot. At least a little bit... :D

Surely; an unread and unlearned scoundrel, thou must be. Do not discount, nor lightly take the Bard, for he has spoken words most relevant even now, centuries later, my good man. Hark! But what's that melody my ears do perceive? Why, it must be my beloved wife; calling me for a sumptuous morning repast; no doubt! I must hasten!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't quite understand all about the EU but I'd say it was a central government over all EU nations. If that is true, I believe it is wrong for those stronger nations like Great Britain because those stronger nations need their individual sovereign gov't and should not be subservient to any other nation. Obama wanted them to remain in the EU and from where I sit, it looks like it is headed toward One World Government which is what Obama wants-but why? Soros? Bilderbergs?
It's a mystery to me but if it is OWO stuff, it leads up to a huge mess/battle.
The United States should never-never be subservient to any nation whatsoever! And all those who want a different justice system than our own need to return post-haste to their own war-torn country!
Sorry for my long windedness but things haven't been looking too pretty good for us in the past few years.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't quite understand all about the EU but I'd say it was a central government over all EU nations.

The United States should never-never be subservient to any nation whatsoever! And all those who want a different justice system than our own need to return post-haste to their own war-torn country!
Sorry for my long windedness but things haven't been looking too pretty good for us in the past few years.

Take a look at the North American Trade Treaty, many other "treaty's that have been signed in the middle of the night. Obama and previous presidents cowering to UN resolutions, promoting Global Warming deals world wide to affect our manufacturing very bias against our production. Look at the open boarders promoted by the Democrats similar to the EU.

There are what 3-4 Billion people in the world that more than half of them would like to move to and live in the US while drawing free benefits. Just like the EU, sorry no matter how much you try to Transform America, we can not take them all in and support them.

Yes, the vote to get out of the EU in Brittan is upsetting the "One World Order" apple cart, not much different than what Trump is trying to do to the "Establishment" who have many common members.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Link didn't work for me.

I talked to a Brit last week and he was for the Brexit. He said the vote was in general over the immigration issue but that was not why he wanted it. He said the work ethics of the Brits, Germans, and French were supporting the declining civilizations in Greece, Italy, Spain, and others who he claimed lacked the work ethic and pursued a lazy lifestyle.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of handwringing over Brexit from the media and the left in general.

try the link again - you have caught the first try at it that did not work ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom