Buchanan Gun Show at Crossroads Event Center?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like going to Sturgis without the sunburn or Mardi Gras without the hangover.. You have to do it at least once.

Lmao! Sturgis is MUCH more fun ... Wannemacher was a YUGE let down for me. I've been twice in about 20 years. Same experience both times. I'd rather spend my money at a LGS ... Of course, I'm not good at haggling. When someone quotes me a used price $250 over what I can buy something new I tend to get offended.

There were a couple of booths that had guns I was really interested in. At the beginning of the day they wouldn't give me the time of day. Middle of the day they wanted more than a new one was worth. End of the day, they wanted to "talk". **** that ****. If they wanted my money, they should haven't been such dicks when I stopped at their table the first time.

Other thing that irritates me is if I'm alone it takes an act of God and Congress to get someone's attention at a table. If the old man is with me they can't get to us fast enough.

It's like going to a car lot ... Argh ... Lol ... And I can't even get a beer to help me cope ... :bah:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lmao! Sturgis is MUCH more fun ... Wannemacher was a YUGE let down for me. I've been twice in about 20 years. Same experience both times. I'd rather spend my money at a LGS ... Of course, I'm not good at haggling. When someone quotes me a used price $250 over what I can buy something new I tend to get offended.

There were a couple of booths that had guns I was really interested in. At the beginning of the day they wouldn't give me the time of day. Middle of the day they wanted more than a new one was worth. End of the day, they wanted to "talk". **** that ****. If they wanted my money, they should haven't been such dicks when I stopped at their table the first time.

Other thing that irritates me is if I'm alone it takes an act of God and Congress to get someone's attention at a table. If the old man is with me they can't get to us fast enough.

It's like going to a car lot ... Argh ... Lol ... And I can't even get a beer to help me cope ... :bah:
Yep. That part sucks. Last year I found a threaded barrel I wanted to buy for my glock. The guy behind the table was too busy talking to another vender to give me the time of day.
I was wanting to look at it and was willing to pay the price listed (about what I would pay for a new one) and this guy was being a dick.
He looked annoyed when he finally decided to pay attention to me. I was done at that point. Told him to forget it. About an hour later I found another one (polished steel) cheaper. Bought it and took it over to him and showed it to him. He could care less.
I like to go because it's just so cool. See some great guns and I always find something to buy. Last year I got the barrel and a couple of 500 steel targets. Guns I wanted were still a bit high.
Crowds are a pain and finding a place to stand and look is like trying to park a bagger on main in Sturgis during rally.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F

That's odd. Last spring, my gf had no trouble getting attention at the various booths where we stopped to look at stuff.

Of course, the fact she's tall and slender, and had a M1 Garand slung across her back, probably helped ;)

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. That part sucks. Last year I found a threaded barrel I wanted to buy for my glock. The guy behind the table was too busy talking to another vender to give me the time of day.
I was wanting to look at it and was willing to pay the price listed (about what I would pay for a new one) and this guy was being a dick.
He looked annoyed when he finally decided to pay attention to me. I was done at that point. Told him to forget it. About an hour later I found another one (polished steel) cheaper. Bought it and took it over to him and showed it to him. He could care less.
I like to go because it's just so cool. See some great guns and I always find something to buy. Last year I got the barrel and a couple of 500 steel targets. Guns I wanted were still a bit high.
Crowds are a pain and finding a place to stand and look is like trying to park a bagger on main in Sturgis during rally.

I wish I could say I actually know something about guns and like looking at them but truth is I'm just not that interested. I'm a SHOOTER. I find what I like and then that's it. I've never found a gun I'm as accurate with as my 34.

I loathe .22s ... And revolvers ... My smaller guns I practice with not because I enjoy shooting them, because they dig into my hands and there recoil that a larger gun would absorb hurts my arthritis.

You are right about any BIG event though. If you are not a people person they can be a double-edged sword. I tend to find a spot in the corner, pop a top, and watch the entertainment. I've done enough stupid **** in my life that I'm perfectly willing to live vicariously through others now. :fallangel

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree on the used price part. Ever body now thanks used gun is still worth what it was new.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F

That's odd. Last spring, my gf had no trouble getting attention at the various booths where we stopped to look at stuff.

Of course, the fact she's tall and slender, and had a M1 Garand slung across her back, probably helped ;)

Well there is no arguing I'm well past my prime. But old people tend to have more money on them than sweet young things. And the only guys that talked to me when I had the old man's whatever it was slung over my shoulder while he was in the men's room were ****ing insulting with the prices they were offering me. I know what he paid for it and I'd had another member here whom I trust explicitly tell me what it was worth.

Those old men did NOT like the response they got from me. It's downright insulting. Those 2 ****ers are probably STILL in therapy. After they backed away I looked up and saw the old man standing in the door of the men's room laughing. I'm gonna hear a GREAT story, aren't I? he says. I was like I think it's time to go. Lol He stopped at the nearest 7-11, got me my drink of choice for the drive home (,damned stick in the mud, I couldn't talk him into a 6-pack AND I wasn't even the one driving :grumble: ) ... Had to "settle" for a Diet Coke until we got home. :bigeye::rolleyes2:slap:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could say I actually know something about guns and like looking at them but truth is I'm just not that interested. I'm a SHOOTER. I find what I like and then that's it. I've never found a gun I'm as accurate with as my 34.

I loathe .22s ... And revolvers ... My smaller guns I practice with not because I enjoy shooting them, because they dig into my hands and there recoil that a larger gun would absorb hurts my arthritis.

You are right about any BIG event though. If you are not a people person they can be a double-edged sword. I tend to find a spot in the corner, pop a top, and watch the entertainment. I've done enough stupid **** in my life that I'm perfectly willing to live vicariously through others now. :fallangel
I only wish I could live vicariously through others but everyone I know are boring as hell.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only wish I could live vicariously through others but everyone I know are boring as hell.

Lmao! You need to find the local watering hole, order a scotch with a beer back and just watch the show. I used to do that fairly regularly but once I married the old man ... Well, hmmmm ... He's a good guy but his previous job keeps him from just relaxing and laughing stuff off. He's offered to take me to the dive around the corner from by the house a couple of times, but I'm a little afraid it wouldn't go well. He's kinda a little uptight ... Lol Still, I've not found another man who could match me toe-to-toe so I guess that means we are a decent match ... :anyone:

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we had the best sales numbers this year at the Tahlequah gun show this past weekend. Just amazing what you can do in a community that supports the industry. Oklahoma tax commission will get biggest pay day from us they have had in awhile for this month.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Crossroads show has gotten better. The first one was pitiful. Went this last Saturday and it wasn't bad. $5 to get in and a decent selection. I'd say half the size of the fairgrounds show when you throw out the Scentsy Babies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom