Caliber carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkedmongo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else carry an AR pistol in your vehicle in case SHTF with the nonsense going on lately? And if so, is .223 legal and not 5.56? I know the law states nothing larger than .45 even though .45 ACP is a hair more and gets by.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could just keep a full size AR in the vehicle with you if you wanted. I'm not sure what your talking about with .45 caliber carry guns though. There are several cartridges that fall into .45 caliber. Exact measuring of the projectile diameter isn't necessary.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think that an AR pistol fits the definition of a pistol as defined in the SDA. I do believe the SDA allows a permitted person to transport in a vehicle a rifle or shotgun that is magazine loaded but not with a round chambered.

inkedmongo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's a fair thing to question at this point, due to the fact that they consider anything with a pistol buffer assembly and under such a length barrel to be considered a pistol, not to mention the ammo meeting within the requirements of not exceeding the size limitations. I've been told by a few people this is legal for CCW holders. As much as I appreciate my right to carry a pistol, with current events, I would much appreciate my odds with such a thing as a back up/

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else carry an AR pistol in your vehicle in case SHTF with the nonsense going on lately? And if so, is .223 legal and not 5.56? I know the law states nothing larger than .45 even though .45 ACP is a hair more and gets by.

.223 and 5.56 use different units of measurements
.45 and .223 use the same unit of measurement (fraction of an inch)

5.56 is the Metric unit of measurement of the .223

inkedmongo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda what I was getting at and trying to learn the differences on the calibers as I am learning on rifle calibers and if both are legal. Does anyone on this forum carry an AR as a SHTF scenario with all of this terrorism attacks as of lately?

Latest posts

Top Bottom