Caliber carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of some people that carry an ar or ak in their vehicle, others carry bolt guns or shotguns. It depends on what senario you are more likly to encounter. A car full of roided out road ragers, vs a ferrel dog attacking cattle across the field vs a rattle snake in your drive way all require much different tools to handle. Head over to preppers corner and check out the trunk monkey thread.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a 7.62 ak pistol in my truck with 4 mags. I originally bought the gun specifically to use as a truck monkey but I think SMS is right that it might as well be a rifle. I went with a pistol because it is easy to slide under the seat but I think a side folder or under folder would also fit and provide more accuracy and a better cheek weld than my leather pistol sling.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep telling myself I'm going to have a solid mount put in for an AR in my truck. No room in the car, though, unfortunately. But hell, even though I keep telling myself that, I haven't even gotten around to putting in a real mount for a holster for my handguns... Glock rides in the door pocket in the truck and under the seat in the car. Not really the safest. I need to do something about that.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is the .45LC, and as well as several other 45 caliber pistol rounds.
The law only calls out caliber and not bullet diameter.

Doesnt it also say something about Handgun rounds for carry, not rifle rounds?

I carry a long gun in the backseat...Not chamber loaded if thats what the OP is asking... ;)

Last edited:

inkedmongo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was always brought up to believe better safe than sorry, and sadly with how things are going with random attacks, I would much rather be the person over prepared and nothing happen rather than the alternative. I have been in the process of building 2 AR platform builds, one rifle, and the other pistol, and just wanting to get people's opinion on length and caliber, and see if any others on here have started to carry something along those lines in their vehicles in case God forbid there comes a time where we have to fight for our lives against a threat much greater than the typical mugger or home invasion situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom