Camping out in the passing lane!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where werewolf is coming from but the fact of the matter is that if someone is going faster then you just move over to let them pass and then proceed with the left lane camping once their pass is complete. It really is that painfully simple.

I usually drive around 80+/- and dont get passed very often but if someone is approaching me im the first guy to hop over and let them pass bc I know how it feels to get blocked in by other drivers. Letting someone pass is NOT as big of a deal as all the defensive drivers on here make it seem.

And boys please put your junk away, there is no need for a pissing contest.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where werewolf is coming from but the fact of the matter is that if someone is going faster then you just move over to let them pass and then proceed with the left lane camping once their pass is complete. It really is that painfully simple.

I usually drive around 80+/- and dont get passed very often but if someone is approaching me im the first guy to hop over and let them pass bc I know how it feels to get blocked in by other drivers. Letting someone pass is NOT as big of a deal as all the defensive drivers on here make it seem.

And boys please put your junk away, there is no need for a pissing contest.

Dood....
Can't you see that you just proclaimed to the world that you are nothing but a mean spirited bully who is trying to get back at the world b'cuz you gotta' small ding-dong?
:anyone:

:tounge2:

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every driver is responsible for maintaining situational awareness and checking their mirrors to see what's behind you. It's also every drivers responsibility to maintain a safe following distance, even if that driver in front of you is playing passive/aggressive roadgames. Don't get target fixation on the rear of that car, but it might be good to scope that tag # in case the deal goes south. Look through their glass to see what's going on ahead of them so you don't get bounced by surprise. If an officer want's to have a word with me on the road, they come up on my 6 (in my semi), but then they pop out of that blind-spot, to the left so that I will see them via my mirror. Then I hit the 4-ways and look for a safe location to pull over.
Going into a fun and exciting cloverleaf ramp, like 35/240? Look to your right, thru the curve to see if there is a brake-check you need to know about before the car in front of you does and brake-checks you.
While you are behind your fellow drivers and looking through their glass, you might see what's going on in their little bubble. If Daisy Duke is putting on the warpaint, get away quick! Phone yakkers and fingerers, same deal. You know they are not going to signal, but likely will suddenly realize the exit is right there and it's time for a sudden hard-right, no signal, with a brake-check for bonus points.
Don't travel with a pack. This ain't Talladega. Get out ahead of that knot of NASCAR wanna-be's or lay back a bit, so you will have a better view of their wreck as you dirve by, pointing and laughing...
Do not linger next to a semi. Blow my doors off, it don't hurt my feelings none. I'm getting PAID to play in traffic! What if a trailer tire blows? You don't want to be next to that or behind it. I'd appreciate a signal, but I usually know what you are about to do anyway. By the way, if you don't use your signal, why do you expect me to? I'm 70ft long, 102" wide and 13 feet tall. Can't you see me??:burnout:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dood....
Can't you see that you just proclaimed to the world that you are nothing but a mean spirited bully who is trying to get back at the world b'cuz you gotta' small ding-dong?
:anyone:

Are you guys going to have a sword fight?................................lol

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's easy... when you start putting someone else in danger of a wreck.
anytime your actions start putting someone else lives at risk. the line has been crossed.

when you put yourself in a position that if someone brakes checks you. then you immediately slam on your brakes. the vehicles in back of you has a high probability causing a very bad wreck.... a line has been crossed.

if someone is actively trying to get out of your way and/or it's not possible to get out of your way and has clearly signaled they don't want to be tailgated and yet you still are on their butt.... a line has been crossed.

your need to get thru does NOT trump someone Else's rights to get home safe.

do you know how many wrecks you personally have caused? keeping in mind every time you slam on your brakes while tailgating has a potential for causing a wreck for unsuspecting cars behind you.

notice I'm not even concerned about you getting into a wreck. because I'm assuming you've become so adept at hitting your brakes. hitting the car you are tailgating is likely not going to happen.

At what point does it cease being "your space" when someone else needs thru'?

En garde!
:musketeers:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's easy... when you start putting someone else in danger of a wreck.
anytime your actions start putting someone else lives at risk. the line has been crossed.

when you put yourself in a position that if someone brakes checks you. then you immediately slam on your brakes. the vehicles in back of you has a high probability causing a very bad wreck.... a line has been crossed.

if someone is actively trying to get out of your way and/or it's not possible to get out of your way and has clearly signaled they don't want to be tailgated and yet you still are on their butt.... a line has been crossed.

I tend to lean this way also.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If people really knew how to drive then they would use the passing lane as such and not camp in it. I drive fast and I don't even camp in nor do I play wanna be police officer..

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have had a really wicked thought, if you will for an old guy. Next time I go hunting and I go with my JBT associate, may be I can talk him in to taking his unmarked cruiser so we can pass all of of the others on what ever interstate it is on. Reason, I drive the speed limit, because I am older, retired and normally in no hurry, but if one acts stupid I will Call *55 for the OHP and will waste my time to make sure the OHP gets there and hangs them. Of course, I am being ridiculous but it sure sounds good to me right now. Another thing, don't mess with old guys, we don't care. I have wanted to do so many times over the years, but I really don't want to waste their time. They have enough to do already. Thank you for the rant from old one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom