can I "ban" my step-daughters dad from my property?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did.

I told him that he was not allowed (would not be tolerated) on my property. When he came to pick the girls up, he was to call first and wait in the street.

That's the way it worked for me. He had no rights on my property.

Even if you were to be denying him court ordered visitation, he would still have to get a part of the legal system involved to get access and I doubt that they would allow him access to your property. You, however, would be subject to the wrath of the court if you were not allowing the child access to the father. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Not a lawyer, don't pretend to be one.

Been there and screwed royally by the system over child support, etc, but this area we held the line.

Of course, you could secretly hope that he forced his way into your house and then test the Castle Doctrine. Takes care of a major problem, eh?

Dave

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can always have him meet you at a mall or somewhere else but your house at every mall there is a drop off point for people who want to meet in public place . Call the mall and ask them or the police and they can tell you about it .

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Diesel, if he is causing problems there is a County Sherriff's sub-station Quail Springs Mall where you can do drop off/pick up. Their phone number is (405) 713-1481. That might be your best option. Good luck!

ETA: Isha's PaPa beat me to it ...

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks BB, We actually have to drive to Chikasha to meet him for drop off and pick up. Part of the problem is he and his wife come to OKC to "see some Friends" and then just stop by and want to take her out for dinner or shopping. They get her every other weekend but here lately they just show up here when we have her and demand to beable to take her out.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks BB, We actually have to drive to Chikasha to meet him for drop off and pick up. Part of the problem is he and his wife come to OKC to "see some Friends" and then just stop by and want to take her out for dinner or shopping. They get her every other weekend but here lately they just show up here when we have her and demand to beable to take her out.

Having been on all sides of this I am going to say that I really don't see a problem with that.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been on all sides of this I am going to say that I really don't see a problem with that.

They dont call or ask if we have plans they just show up and demand to have her and he gets pretty out of line when I tell him no.
Thats just part of it. There is much more that I am not going to bring up on a public forum

Latest posts

Top Bottom