Can one handgun take on an Army?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In America, we wouldn't need to rely on pistols. Every 4th home would have a much more capable deer rifle with which to secure additional weapons. We should also consider whether advanced weapons could be procured from weapons exporting countries that would be interested in seeing our government fail to suppress the American people.

There are a multitude of reasons why any military occupation of America would be problematic, if not downright impossible. Will is just one of many.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Michael Brown and henschmen said it about as well as can be.
To the T. I heard the term once "bresbedev" if I am pronouncing it correctly,in a documentary.I have tried to look it up and have yet to find it,but it is the term the russians use to fight,meaning something of the nature to put the fear of GOD in them when they know we are on are way cuz we will do and kill anything to conquer.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Also, what about all of us ex-infantry who have the same training or more than the common grunt. I don't think that this would ever come about and pray it never does, but there are quite a few ex-rangers and infantrymen that live in my neighborhood. I don't think guys like that would lay down. I know I wouldn't.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a bigger question would be if the command is given to take away legallly acquired weapons from citizens, would the Army or NG do it? Lets say you get a knock on the door some night, you open it to your brother in law, an officer in the state NG. He informs you he is there to confiscate your1911 and other hunting rifles he knows you have. You refuse and as they say the plot thickens. What happens when soldiers, police etc. are charged with carrying out that task that they don't believe in themselves. The results could be tradgic(?). Certainly hope it never comes to that.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a bigger question would be if the command is given to take away legallly acquired weapons from citizens, would the Army or NG do it? Lets say you get a knock on the door some night, you open it to your brother in law, an officer in the state NG. He informs you he is there to confiscate your1911 and other hunting rifles he knows you have. You refuse and as they say the plot thickens. What happens when soldiers, police etc. are charged with carrying out that task that they don't believe in themselves. The results could be tradgic(?). Certainly hope it never comes to that.

in regard to your statement only, your scenario suggests an answer: when people do not truly believe in something, it either will be executed half-heartedly or will collapse under its own weight.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in regard to your statement only, your scenario suggests an answer: when people do not truly believe in something, it either will be executed half-heartedly or will collapse under its own weight.

they will either follow orders or resign or quit their position, i know more than one LEO that would turn in their badge before they started confiscating peoples guns

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they will either follow orders or resign or quit their position, i know more than one LEO that would turn in their badge before they started confiscating peoples guns

So do I. But, that's easy to say until faced with that prospect. When they start thinking about feeding their families, etc., many of them will change their minds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom