Can we PLEASE go back to a minimum post count before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much ignore the classifieds these days unless I feel like I need a laugh.
And I don't do the Smart Phone thing, so even in non-crazy times if there was a good deal in the classified, it was gone before I could get to it.

Here's a solution for OSA members who are unhappy with the current classified system:
We need an "Ignore" feature that lets you ignore ALL new members who have been here less than a certain number of days (30, 90, 180 days or whatever).
Problem solved.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Some of the "noobs" that have sold items on this site have had very positive reviews for their transactions. They have a product that someone wants to buy ... why not?

As they should if they complete a smooth transaction. That’s where we all started. Most of us also contribute in other areas of the forum if you want to call some of our posts contributions. New members joining and contributing is a good thing. Using OSA like Armslist is not in my opinion. Yes, we can scroll on by or ignore. I guess it just gripes me to see what the forum is becoming. Of course as I get older a lot of things gripe me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As they should if they complete a smooth transaction. That’s where we all started. Most of us also contribute in other areas of the forum if you want to call some of our posts contributions. New members joining and contributing is a good thing. Using OSA like Armslist is not in my opinion. Yes, we can scroll on by or ignore. I guess it just gripes me to see what the forum is becoming. Of course as I get older a lot of things gripe me.
You noobs get off my lawn... :D
:drunk2:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
But maybe we could if we pool our resources and make an offer. Since apparently it is a losing business based on the latest plea for money and fewer advertisers right? Definitely not worth the $20k he says he paid for it but it sure would be nice to have some local owners that participate and care about the content. I don’t know jack about running a forum but maybe one of us does.

I have ran one and trust me you do not want to deal with the constant bitching about every subject under the moon!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But maybe we could if we pool our resources and make an offer. Since apparently it is a losing business based on the latest plea for money and fewer advertisers right? Definitely not worth the $20k he says he paid for it but it sure would be nice to have some local owners that participate and care about the content. I don’t know jack about running a forum but maybe one of us does.

Look at it like this; he pretty much let's us run it the way we see fit. Sure, he has some rules and Terms of Service, but we agreed to follow them when we signed up (or at least I hope you did). OSA is a great forum, so many of us here have met so many others, either throiugh the classifieds, or an ENS (remember those; maybe we can get back to having those again soon). Yeah, I'd like to see us go back to a minimum post count too, but it's really not a deal breaker for me.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Look at it like this; he pretty much let's us run it the way we see fit. Sure, he has some rules and Terms of Service, but we agreed to follow them when we signed up (or at least I hope you did). OSA is a great forum, so many of us here have met so many others, either throiugh the classifieds, or an ENS (remember those; maybe we can get back to having those again soon). Yeah, I'd like to see us go back to a minimum post count too, but it's really not a deal breaker for me.

Stop writing sensible posts [emoji12]

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see where it's a big deal one way or the other. If I don't. like the price nothing says I have to buy. As said above if nobody bites the add will eventually end up in the bit bucket.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got time on my hands and lots of friendly retorts……

LOL, I imagine you got a lot of practice with you postal job .. Went to get a money order at the post office and watched a poor soul have to explain to some one how to apply a stamp to an envelope!! Then she had to explain to the idjit she could not give her a delivery date for a Florida address .

Latest posts

Top Bottom