Car will not start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If battery is dead or main fuse blown then No power to anything.
Taking a newer vehicle (1990+) out of park requires electricity to a solenoid sometimes to release the shift lever.

Steering wheel may be electrically locked also.

Get your coat hanger out and arc it across the battery posts and see if you make it a sparkler.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
didn't say the headlights and dome lights are good, didn't even mention them. Did say no click, May have implied that, but sounds like he's reporting visual inspection. And post 17 says specifically no lights. I've been mechanicing since I was about 15, and seriously since I was 18. I'm 68 now. Got a few hours in at this stuff. No lights generally means no connection, or no charge on the battery. Lead-Acid battery, Nickle-Cadmium, NiFe, carbon-zinc, or any variety of lithium cell, makes no difference. Bit of a drain, from anything, and over a fairly short period can absolutely kill a battery.
That's right, he says no DASH lights, which relies on the ignition switch or turning on the headlights, which he didn't mention, that's why I asked. I don't care if your 68 or 108, I mess with this same stuff on old and older vehicles weekly.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to push the clutch all the way to the floor to close the clutch safely switch…..

Haha! You made me giggle. My oldest never learned how to drive a stick shift. It was HYSTERICAL watching him trying to get it together when he drove one for the first time -- he was 40!! 🤣🤣🤣 Told me maybe he should have listened to me when he was a teenager after all. 🤣🤣🤣

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I had it on 10 amp charge all night, clamps off, charger direct to post. Dash lights would come on but not turn the engine over. I installed new clamps, but on 50 amp jump rate, not much improvement but steering wheel will lock. At this point I am betting on a bad battery. I will look to see if Autozone will deliver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom