carried but never fired ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see ad's for handguns here and else where that say carried but never fired, is that common? seems like a really bad idea to me. any body do it that can explain the logic?

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I have trust issues, but I won't carry a gun unless I've fired about 500 rounds through it.

I've seen it too, and my guess is the "carried but never fired" is just a sales pitch.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im not quite sure how anyone can have a firearm and not want to shoot it! Ok, maybe if its some antique or museum piece, but...

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understood the never fired ads. EVERY FIREARM HAS BEEN FIRED! They all come with the spent casing from the factory. /false advertising rant.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never understood the never fired ads. EVERY FIREARM HAS BEEN FIRED! They all come with the spent casing from the factory. /false advertising rant.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device
or the ones that say brand new only 100 rounds through it,if you fired 100 rounds it ain't brand new any more

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried a couple prior to firing them. They were both J frames. Then when I did fire them, they worked perfectly, just as I had suspected they would. I have several NIB pistols I haven't fired. Nothing special about them, just haven't fired them. Not certain I will either.

I fired all my semis prior to carrying them. But I'd feel better about buying a new Glock and carrying it out of the box than carrying some of the dirty ass "fired" pistols I've seen other guys carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom