carried but never fired ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I have trust issues, but I won't carry a gun unless I've fired about 500 rounds through it.

I've seen it too, and my guess is the "carried but never fired" is just a sales pitch.

You do have trust issues. I'm at 1500 ish rounds and I still don't trust my 1911. I'm sticking with 640 S&W.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it's a great idea, but will do it on occasion. It has to be a gun that I am familiar with - like having owned an identical one in the past. I'll drop a small dowel down the bore and dry fire it a few times to make sure the striker/firing pin is acting as it should.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a glock over a month before taking it to the range. I had cleaned and lubed it. Was never concerned about it.
On the other hand, I had a kel Tec once that I wanted to carry but didn't allow myself to until it had 500 rounds through it. That was an expensive break in in both ammo cost and the blister on my trigger finger.

Most my guns get a couple boxes before I carry them.

Last edited:

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are probably the type of people who put so few through it they figure you won't be ale to tell. I don't buy the carried but never fired bit. I'll believe carried alot and fired less than 100. But not never fired.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely think there are people who carry a gun before firing it, because they know they are gonna sell or trade it and get something else (and may never fire that one either).

I personally wouldn't do it, and agree with some of the posts above -- it's not as common as the sellers say. Just my 2 cents.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have carried my XD about 12 years now. Shoot it too. I do have a few guns I have never carried that I havent shot much but I at least have shot them all, but if I sold them I would likely be honest. I dont think you should advertise you carried it if you didnt. I have a G17 bought from an OSAr that is my coffee table HD that he shot comp with he said had about 400k thru it. I still bought it. Its a great gun, one of my faves.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OT kind of. I see lots of ads that say something along "I need this gone fast." Then they ask retail or higher. Doesn't seem like they really want it gone fast to me. :anyone: :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom