carried but never fired ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the manufacturuers recommend 100 to 200.
I think that would be a good starting place for something you are depending on to stop a threat.
Might take more with some weapons.

And of course some may never prove worthy.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:teach: Okay, thanks folks for the shared wisdom. Now I'm nervous. I think I'll go put a buncha more rounds through my still LNIB G26 then to make sure she still works. I've probably only got about 250 through her so far and now, I'm just not sure I can trust her should I need her to save my bacon. Speakin' of bacon...

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:teach: Okay, thanks folks for the shared wisdom. Now I'm nervous. I think I'll go put a buncha more rounds through my still LNIB G26 then to make sure she still works. I've probably only got about 250 through her so far and now, I'm just not sure I can trust her should I need her to save my bacon. Speakin' of bacon...
Bacon Yumm!

Seriously I've run a bunch of rounds through a bunch of Glocks. Outside of the potential of a bad connector spring one should be good for hundreds of rounds after the first trouble-free 250. Depending on the Glock, the first likely parts replacement is a recoil spring; this varies with the model and ammo used. Normally its going to be at least 2,000 rounds down the pipe, possibly many more.

A consideration for semi-auto's; testing with EACH magazine to be carried. Yep, you need to test them all.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that why I carry 2 guns, and usually have another close by.

I'm just a guy walkinjg down the street, I'll probably Never shoot 2k rounds through any gun I own.

If it can take the first 50 I put through it ( see previous post) maybe a few more ( mags too) it'll have to do.. 8)

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that why I carry 2 guns, and usually have another close by.

I'm just a guy walkinjg down the street, I'll probably Never shoot 2k rounds through any gun I own.

If it can take the first 50 I put through it ( see previous post) maybe a few more ( mags too) it'll have to do.. 8)

You only carry 2 guns? :yikes2:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You only carry 2 guns? :yikes2:

I never leave the house without two, plus reloads. I follow the rule of; One is none, two is one, so on and so forth. 21yrs in the US Army, 6yrs as a cop, with two on SWAT, and over two years in Iraq. I've been shot at enough. I don't plan on loosing any fights, I'm going to be as prepared as best I can.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most battles have been lost, if you will, because a superior force has destroyed an inferior force's will to fight.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Top Bottom