CCW and still can't carry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jav8r

Marksman
Reaction score
The regs for the center mention Title 18. Title 18 has exceptions. Please read and pay attention to section (d). Note the "other legal purposes" part. There is no case law that could be found. Again it could still cost a job but then again the law appears to make room for it. I am gonna hit up the union about it.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000930----000-.html

Good luck to you, if I said I worked there I would be a contractor, and we are second class citizens...we have no union and are there every day, day by day, by the grace of.....

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The regs for the center mention Title 18. Title 18 has exceptions. Please read and pay attention to section (d). Note the "other legal purposes" part. There is no case law that could be found. Again it could still cost a job but then again the law appears to make room for it. I am gonna hit up the union about it.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000930----000-.html

Keep us informed on the outcome, I would be very interested in what they tell you.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck to you, if I said I worked there I would be a contractor, and we are second class citizens...we have no union and are there every day, day by day, by the grace of.....

I feel your pain. I was a contractor for 5 years and finally got converted...well I had to compete for my job anyway. Luckily they kept me but to tell the truth I made more money as a contractor and the benefits are better. Lots of folks like to squawk about how good feds got it but there is a lot of down side to public service too. A bit more security after probation is over but you can still get RIFed. Good luck to you.

jav8r

Marksman
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I was a contractor for 5 years and finally got converted...well I had to compete for my job anyway. Luckily they kept me but to tell the truth I made more money as a contractor and the benefits are better. Lots of folks like to squawk about how good feds got it but there is a lot of down side to public service too. A bit more security after probation is over but you can still get RIFed. Good luck to you.

Right I do know, on my third contract out there, I do know the FTEs here have mandatory OT and other non-benefits on their side as well. Lol. I like what I do and who I work for, so no big complaints other I have seen contracts end and been in between several times. Plus really no one for us to carry the banner for us really. I do wish I didn't have to leave my protection at home. I leave here for other duties that bring me home late at night. Just wish I could have protection then. The cops can't be everywhere.
See you around, thanks!

jav8r

Marksman
Reaction score
whos going to know?.... except for the inspections....

Well it's not like a business with the no weapons sign they just ask you to leave or I think it's misdemeanor trespass.*
Or now away from federal facility without ccw loaded handgun is small fine/misdemeanor.
Caught there I believe it's a felony, okc police arrest you, maybe jail time(?), fees, no government work again, no income, loose house, wife...well you get the picture.*I think at federal facility it's a bad bad deal, not worth my chance.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yes. You get felony charge if they feel like it. Arrested and sent to the poky. Probably get proctoscoped by DoHS to boot.

All for the price of admission....

I too am not willing to take the risk. I thought I had heard a while back that they had attempted to get the Fed to allow employees to keep firearms in their cars in parking lots but it was shot down. I will try to find that the info but I could have been dreaming it up.

I will be interested in what the union tells you on the matter. If it had been shot down, hopefully they will present the matter again.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a public school district so no carry for me. Not even in my car. :(

Me to, fortunately there is a large parking lot adjacent to the district property where I work that I park at. So I do Carry to and from work. I donate enough to united way every year that I get a key club parking spot which my vehicle rarely uses. Usually only when I ride to work do I not have a firearm and park on district property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom