Check this out - Will smith loses it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could take credit for this one, but found it on Reddit!

1648484215213.png

Last edited:

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're missing something. In today's world everyone gets hella upset over words. A comedian told a joke about another at least former comedian's wife. That joke wasn't that bad. Nobody is even somewhat mentally tough anymore. Pins and needles will kill comedy...... notice you have VERY few that are on Carlin's caliber now?
I think your missing the fact that without repercussions like that slap last night, edgy comedy loses its edge.

If a comedian can talk smack and never gets smacked, is it smack?

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except they put it out there for the whole world to see . . . so of course it's going to be discussed.

I've just seen clips, but last night's joke wasn't any more or any less "edgy" than what has been said before. They only thing that would've made it better is if Ricky Gervais would've been the one to make the joke. But Chris, Will and Jada apparently have history and that played a role in what happened.
I don’t buy the stars are a punching bag with no repercussions bit. While that is true to some extent it doesn’t mean that men won’t be men and get physical at times.

I’ve been either in the Navy or a civilian with the Navy since 2005, I’ve seen plenty of fights where men just get mad, fight and then tell each other how much they love each other.

It is what it is, a slap.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t buy the stars are a punching bag with no repercussions bit. While that is true to some extent it doesn’t mean that men won’t be men and get physical at times.

I’ve been either in the Navy or a civilian with the Navy since 2005, I’ve seen plenty of fights where men just get mad, fight and then tell each other how much they love each other.

It is what it is, a slap.
Of course there will possibly be repercussions . . . when warranted. But this was obviously a joke that Will drastically overreacted about.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think your missing the fact that without repercussions like that slap last night, edgy comedy loses its edge.

If a comedian can talk smack and never gets smacked, is it smack?

No... It's just that I never saw Carlin, Murphy, Pryor or even Dave Chappelle get "smacked" on stage. We are in a time of hyper sensitive feelings and this is just more proof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom