Check your lug nuts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandson and his girlfriend were on their way back to the city from OBU, and a wheel came off a vehicle in front of them and crashed into her car. This is near the Choctaw RD exit on I-40. All are safe, but very shook up. No details yet on the source of the wheel.
IMG_6778.jpeg

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tire came from the back of a truck on the opposite side of the interstate. Truck never stopped. The airbags in her Honda did not deploy, but my grandson's seatbelt broke from the sudden stop.
Dang! That's a hard impact! As I always tell my wife "Tires are the enemy!"

Wojownik

Marksman
Reaction score
Every time I get new tires, I take the wheels off the vehicle and drop them off with the new tires to be mounted. Quit letting tire shops put my wheels back on years ago because I have yet to have anyone properly torque the lug nuts when reinstalling the wheels. They’re either seriously over torqued, or not tightened at all. Putting the wheels back on myself ensures it’s done properly and gives relief knowing it. I’ll also checking them every other oil change, I rotate them the other time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom