Chief Bryan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KZinOKC

Marksman
Reaction score
Without Chief Bryan having been tested as a match, I dont see how "whomever" (which happens to be the OCFD chaplain) could now that the organ would be a match, let alone that he would be the recipient. He might have been high up on the list of recipients, but that doesnt mean you're next.

Exactly. Basically, it's the luck of the draw and in no way can any prior agreement be drawn up, it would violate the organ transplant rules for livers. I've heard of close relatives donating kidneys to each other, and that type of donation probably plays by different rules. That could be what he was thinking about.

A friend received a liver about 11 months ago at Baptist. He was high on the list but missed donations because the match was not right. When his match came up he was actually the second best match for that particular liver. Thankfully the liver was too large for the first individual, and they gave it to my friend. Liver transplants work differently, you should see all the requirements just to get on the transplant list, let alone what rules the caregivers of a transplant patient need to adhere to after the transplant.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually if the donor specifies a recipient then the liver doesn't have to go in order of the donor list. My friend from high school has been dealing with cirrhosis due to an autoimmune disorder for about 6 years and is around the top 10% of the list. She personally knew the person who got the liver.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. Basically, it's the luck of the draw and in no way can any prior agreement be drawn up, it would violate the organ transplant rules for livers. I've heard of close relatives donating kidneys to each other, and that type of donation probably plays by different rules. That could be what he was thinking about.

A friend received a liver about 11 months ago at Baptist. He was high on the list but missed donations because the match was not right. When his match came up he was actually the second best match for that particular liver. Thankfully the liver was too large for the first individual, and they gave it to my friend. Liver transplants work differently, you should see all the requirements just to get on the transplant list, let alone what rules the caregivers of a transplant patient need to adhere to after the transplant.

It's called a directed donation and it does NOT violate any rules. As long as it's not paid for in any way.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey trdoc, ever get that dang firearm removed from your vehicle?

Need to get that out of there before some juvi steals it.

Then we are going to have to listen to ya whine about (says in a whiny voice) somone stole my gun outta my truck booohoo hahaha

RIP Chief.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey trdoc, ever get that dang firearm removed from your vehicle?

Need to get that out of there before some juvi steals it.

Then we are going to have to listen to ya whine about (says in a whiny voice) somone stole my gun outta my truck booohoo hahaha

RIP Chief.

I've been carrying it alot more lately. Usually when I leave it in the truck it's overnight, sitting in my garage, or at work where I'm not allowed to carry. My truck never sits alone outside when I'm at home, and when I'm at my home-away-from-home (the place I stay when I'm working) I bring it in. Problem is, during the summer, light clothes are frequently not conducive to either concealment OR the weight of the gun - i.e., board shorts and a T-shirt, etc.

Right now it's sitting on the desk next to me.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my wife suspected Mrs Bryan was not right as soon as she heard the 911 call broadcast on Ch 9 Thursday night.

Friday... a person who knows them mentioned the divorce and living situation. I figured she ordered a hit... and was appalled how sloppy she was with the evidence... and impressed with how quickly OSBI got to the bottom of things.

Oh... yea... she's innocent till the trial ends...OK. Yep... a double scoop of insanity on a waffle cone coming right up!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I am as appalled by Mrs. Bryan's actions as anyone, does anyone here wonder what pushed her to it? One has to wonder just what went on in that house.

Add to it the pastor's statements that Chief Bryan told him recently this last year had been the happiest of his marriage so far ... does make one wonder ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom