Chief Bryan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its not uncommon for folks to be tested for compatabilily
I have a friend that tested to be a donor for a guy. It turned out to not be a match. I think highly of anybody that volunteers to be a donor.

Y'all need to check off on your drivers license to be an organ donor. Just think how honorable you would be if somebody lived after your death.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard on the news this afternoon that the Chief and the Chaplain had an agreement where if anything had happened to the Chief the Chaplain would get his liver.

And yes, I have the little heart symbol on my D/L.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im an organ/tissue donor on my dl, the way i see it is if i can let someone live after i have passed then no matter what happens i can be proud of what i have done in my life so can my family.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so's ya'll know... checking the box on your license really is pretty useless. When the chit hits the fan, it's all up to the family, unfortunately. NO ONE in healthcare is going to fight to have your organs donated if the family is even the least bit hesitant about it.

If you want it to be official, have a legal document drawn up, like a living will, and have it placed into your medical record at your physician's office. Keep a copy at home and make sure ALL of your next of kin know where it is. And make sure to discuss your wishes with ALL of your close friends and relatives.

And just so anyone can vouch for me.... take my organs, burn the rest, no funeral, only a BBQ and shootin' day for my memorial. :D

Make it legal, folks, or it prolly ain't gonna happen.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I scanned mine and the wife's in on the computer and carry a copy of both on my phone. If is also good to appoint a health care proxy and have an Advanced Directive for all health care providers to release information to that proxy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom