Chipotle kicks out MDA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it becomes apparent that a business owner is refusing to serve people with big noses it won't be long before he is in a courtroom explaining why to the public. The customers don't have a right to be served by a business, but does the business have a right to abuse the customers rights? Is there a right to be safe? Does it still exist inside of a private business?

Refusing to serve people with big noses, are big noses a protected right? What about exercise or zumba classes that say "for women only" is that not sexist? Can they legally exclude men from attending the class? Can Twin Peaks refuse to hire a man to be on the wait staff simply because he's not a woman with big hooters????

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refusing to serve people with big noses, are big noses a protected right? What about exercise or zumba classes that say "for women only" is that not sexist? Can they legally exclude men from attending the class? Can Twin Peaks refuse to hire a man to be on the wait staff simply because he's not a woman with big hooters????

A business owner could not legally refuse some one service because of their appearance.

Big noses could be skin color or religion or sex. It could be dress that signifies ethnicity. It could be a neckbeard or a mullet.

Hiring their employees is potatoes to apples when compared to customers. The EEOC has a say in hiring.

I am sure that if a man wanted into a "ladies only" zumba class they could cause trouble. I know that there are more than one state where a ladies night at a bar is no longer allowed for being sexist. I was in Minnesota when the judge made that ruling.

I don't think that a business that invites me into their store with an open for business sign should be able to take away my right to defend myself. If they want to refuse to serve me for a reason that does not restrict my rights ok. If a business does not want to deal fairly with the public they should take down the open sign.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it becomes apparent that a business owner is refusing to serve people with big noses it won't be long before he is in a courtroom explaining why to the public. The customers don't have a right to be served by a business, but does the business have a right to abuse the customers rights? Is there a right to be safe? Does it still exist inside of a private business?

This is absolutely accurate. When you invest your hard earned dollars into a business, take the risk of losing money, or making a go of it, you forfeit your private property rights. You no longer get to choose whom you shall serve or do business with. The State shall make those decisions for you. So it's not really apples/potatoes, because forfeiting your rights as a property owner will be the same for whoever the State decides you must welcome into your establishment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom