Chuba Hubbard now doesnt want to play for Gundy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that is pretty much what I said. But, you have to be a little addled to not be smart enough to see that wearing that t-shirt might be objectional to some people. And I guess I can't remember in my life when a coach and AD ever told a top 5 player in the country to take a hike over anything. They stick with them thru drugs, beating up their girl friends, beating up their wives, shooting up bars....etc.

But still, Gundy needs to go.

My nephew played with Gundy at OSU, and he would tell you that Gundy wasn't just real bright back then.

I am referring way back to the Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes era and coaches like them but those days are gone forever. Joe Namath was barred from playing in the NFL because he had a Fu Manchu mustache. Any shirt worn with a logo has the chance of being objectionable to someone. He should have the right to wear what he wants and shouldn’t have to get approval from his players. Just my opinion.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that is pretty much what I said. But, you have to be a little addled to not be smart enough to see that wearing that t-shirt might be objectional to some people.

I'm confused, why the hell would an OAN shirt be objectionable to some people? Because it's a conservative news group? Am I missing something here?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused, why the hell would an OAN shirt be objectionable to some people? Because it's a conservative news group? Am I missing something here?
Your not missing a thing. Chuba is a thug and is now entitled to run the football team as he sees fit because BLM says he can.
Anyone that doesn't take a knee before BLM and their political positions are forced by the mob to comply.
Its that simple.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say this... Hubbard just gave OAN a chit-ton of free publicity, because many people had no clue who they were, including me. We do now.

Me neither. I haven't gone looking for them now, but I do know whom they are now. Never did before.

And while I mighta been ambivalent about him before, now I'm in the 'F Chuba Hubbard' crowd.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Gundy fears that he is probably on the chopping block already and is scared to piss off the talent because if that guy leaves, Gundy will be gone before that guy can clean out his locker. And yes, the thugs are definitely in charge.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least he would still have his pride to hold on to.

Highly debatable when that's part of the job you knew you signed up for. I'm not saying he can't hold to his beliefs. I'm just saying it's incredibly foolish (if deliberate) or naive (if not) to not cull your wardrobe when arguably the largest contributor to your success is courting the kids from Houston and South Dallas to come play ball for your school.

Discretion is the better part of valor, and you can be proud of picking your battles even while holding on to your personal beliefs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom