Chuba Hubbard now doesnt want to play for Gundy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Gundy fears that he is probably on the chopping block already and is scared to piss off the talent because if that guy leaves, Gundy will be gone before that guy can clean out his locker. And yes, the thugs are definitely in charge.
I'd plan on it being my last year if I was Gundy. I'd bench that SOB every game until he quit or begged for forgiveness. Him and all the rest of them that don't respect the coach.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Hubbard really wanted to stick it to Gundy he would enter the transfer portal.
Gundy hates that transfer portal where players can go to another school.
He calls that transfer portal "liberalism".

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think player/ coach relationships have gone out the window with BLM and Antifa crap. He is more worried about impressing his home boys than he is about impressing Gundy, and he knows that no matter what happens with Gundy he will likely make big bucks after (or if things go right) even during college.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we know that wearing a MAGA hat will get your ass beat, and probably get you fired, now if you watch a non-approved news site you're scum. I would guess wearing a Republican t-shirt would get the same result.
Same for webackblue.com, blue lives matter, etc.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gundy should have already been gone, probably several years ago.

This is probably the nail in the coffin. He won't last long now. He's been too big for his britches for a long time now.

He's kind of a victim of "you just can't fix stupid" !

Gundy should be gone because of his subpar coaching, not from wearing a shirt on a fishing trip. Miss the good old days when the coach and AD would have told the player not to let the door hit him on the way out.

I think Gundy fears that he is probably on the chopping block already and is scared to piss off the talent because if that guy leaves, Gundy will be gone before that guy can clean out his locker. And yes, the thugs are definitely in charge.

I'd plan on it being my last year if I was Gundy. I'd bench that SOB every game until he quit or begged for forgiveness. Him and all the rest of them that don't respect the coach.

Boone Pickens and all the money in Texas couldn't get rid of this mulleted moron. Do you really think this will? I have learned to never bet against Gundy keeping his job. Just bet against him when he plays top 25 teams or when he has a chance to win something big.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Hubbard really wanted to stick it to Gundy he would enter the transfer portal.
Gundy hates that transfer portal where players can go to another school.
He calls that transfer portal "liberalism".

“It’s religion, politics and the portal,” Gundy said when asked about the pros and cons of the portal. “I don’t even think it’s worth commenting on, because you’re gonna get such a mixed reaction from people.

That's another actual comment from the man LOL. Oh how the turn tables...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“It’s religion, politics and the portal,” Gundy said when asked about the pros and cons of the portal. “I don’t even think it’s worth commenting on, because you’re gonna get such a mixed reaction from people.

That's another actual comment from the man LOL. Oh how the turn tables...
Religion politics and the portal. Can’t all that irrelevant stuff get out of the way and let him win another Alamo Bowl?
A man has to have his priorities straight

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the coach had just stayed off the dang social media sites, none of this would have ever happened!!!!
Social media is the cause of so much turmoil,
Just stay off it & not worry about posting pictures of everywhere you go or everything you do & I'm sure life would be happier & more simple.

Most businesses and orgs expect high profile staff to maintain a social media presence, so as to enhance revenue streams. Just sayin...

It's been done to better players than him! Just look at what Detroit did to Barry Sanders!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Highly debatable when that's part of the job you knew you signed up for. I'm not saying he can't hold to his beliefs. I'm just saying it's incredibly foolish (if deliberate) or naive (if not) to not cull your wardrobe when arguably the largest contributor to your success is courting the kids from Houston and South Dallas to come play ball for your school.

Discretion is the better part of valor, and you can be proud of picking your battles even while holding on to your personal beliefs.

He's also the second highest paid state employee so it's not like he's some dude in Walmart with this shirt on (not that I care, but it's part of the job for him)

The plot is also thickening. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...ism-from-mike-gundy/b9vaqvqss2mj17do5jc66pzpz

Latest posts

Top Bottom