CLEET Training. How Tough Is It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How difficult is the actual firearms qualification? I have no doubt that the "school" part won't be a problem. But he is concerned about his eyesight messing with the actual shooting qualification and he doesn't want to invest the money if he can't pass that. He has macular degeneration (dry) and glaucoma like symptoms, though the docs won't give an actual diagnosis for it. He sees the eye doc regularly.

I think he can pass it fine, but his confidence isn't quite so high.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
classroom part is easy as pie. i JUST finished all my training tonight. i would say, get him to the range and start practicing. there was a guy in my phase 4 who had some troubles, just lots of practicing and he finally passed. he needs to be able to put 2 to the center at 25 yards.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the classroom part...if you can read and stay awake, you can pass the test. The curriculum is pretty simple.

For firearms, you have to first take the MMPI. It's about 500 true/false questions. Then, for the shooting part, practice. Most of the people I saw lost most of their points at the 25yd mark due to not adjusting for drop. Over the course of the weekend, if a person can shoot halfway decent, he/she can pass.

Search on google, and you can find the firearms qualification requirements out there. Then just practice the scenario and get used to it.

The only people I know that didn't get 'armed' were ones that didn't pass the MMPI.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Qualification is 3 rounds at the one(yard),2 to the body and 1 to the head at 3,2 to the body at 5,2 to the body at 7...reload....2 to the body at 15 kneeling.......next comes the part that gets most new shooters,25 yards,2 rounds strong hand,2 WEAK hand,2 more strong hand and 2 kneeling.Total of 20 rounds,5 points each you must score 70 or better and if you score all up to the 25,you have a 60 so you have to get at least 2 at the 25.All scoring rounds must be inside the 8 ring of a standard B24 target.I work as an adjunct instructor at Center of Professional Studies(COPS) in Tulsa and we usually,out of a class of say 25,get at least 20 to qualify in the 2 days on the range.Good luck to your dad and remember.....front sight.....slack out and press the trigger.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
classroom part is easy as pie. i JUST finished all my training tonight. i would say, get him to the range and start practicing. there was a guy in my phase 4 who had some troubles, just lots of practicing and he finally passed. he needs to be able to put 2 to the center at 25 yards.

Qualification is 3 rounds at the one(yard),2 to the body and 1 to the head at 3,2 to the body at 5,2 to the body at 7...reload....2 to the body at 15 kneeling.......next comes the part that gets most new shooters,25 yards,2 rounds strong hand,2 WEAK hand,2 more strong hand and 2 kneeling.Total of 20 rounds,5 points each you must score 70 or better and if you score all up to the 25,you have a 60 so you have to get at least 2 at the 25.All scoring rounds must be inside the 8 ring of a standard B24 target.I work as an adjunct instructor at Center of Professional Studies(COPS) in Tulsa and we usually,out of a class of say 25,get at least 20 to qualify in the 2 days on the range.Good luck to your dad and remember.....front sight.....slack out and press the trigger.

Thanks! That is exactly what I was needing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You have to be kidding me.
two to the center of how big of a target at 25 yds?
How many shots are required to get two into the center???
Full mag??
These requirments are looking really scary to me........Mall Cop?

Not dissing you, just your report of somebody in your class.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

weak hand? i think it should be weak side barricade.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to be kidding me.
two to the center of how big of a target at 25 yds?
How many shots are required to get two into the center???
Full mag??
These requirments are looking really scary to me........Mall Cop?

Not dissing you, just your report of somebody in your class.

no, you get 2 shots. fwiw, i scored 99 on both of my tests. :fullauto:

eta: we shot on b-27e pros targets

and the full scoring hit area is about 12x20. thats inside the 8 ring.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the people I saw lost most of their points at the 25yd mark due to not adjusting for drop.

Were Y'all shooting paintball guns?
How could there be any significant "drop" at 25 yds?

I'd be more than happy to post ballistic results of any ammo/gun combo that had "drop" problems if I knew the Caliber, Brand, etc of said ammo.

I'm thinking the 25 yd problems were from the shooter.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Were Y'all shooting paintball guns?
How could there be any significant "drop" at 25 yds?

I'd be more than happy to post ballistic results of any ammo/gun combo that had "drop" problems if I knew the Caliber, Brand, etc of said ammo.

I'm thinking the 25 yd problems were from the shooter.

There's no appreciable bullet drop at 25 yards unless your shooting a cheap BB gun.Shooter error,jerking,anticipating,etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom