Coin Collectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked and didn’t see an appropriate forum under Hobbies and Interests so I’ll just throw it out here.

I was cleaning my nightstand off and there’s a tray I toss change in. I noticed these 5 coins as I was cleaning it out and throwing the rest in a coffee can I keep change in.

Thought I’d check and make sure before I dumped them.

IMG_0988.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

Was curious if there were any hobby fans who could enlighten me before I start digging into the coffee can next.

Any value in old coins anymore?

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked and didn’t see an appropriate forum under Hobbies and Interests so I’ll just throw it out here.

I was cleaning my nightstand off and there’s a tray I toss change in. I noticed these 5 coins as I was cleaning it out and throwing the rest in a coffee can I keep change in.

Thought I’d check and make sure before I dumped them.

View attachment 515550

View attachment 515551

Was curious if there were any hobby fans who could enlighten me before I start digging into the coffee can next.

Any value in old coins anymore?
Yes & it’s easier these days to find the value online.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No huge valuations there. Sorry.

Don't know about the dime. If it is 1964 or before, it is 20x face value
The 1919 Penny, probably around a buck
The nickles are probably between 10-20 cents each.

Sorry, no Roosevelt 1975 Proof No S dime there.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Condition, condition, condition, if you want real money for any coin. It has to be hardly ever used or never used or a proof.

The nickels are right before the silver war nickels were minted. 1942 through 1945, the gov wanted nickel more than silver so they took the reserves of nickel from the mint. The mints then used silver, copper and manganese.

Silver war nickels continued to circulate after the war until the mid-1960s, but production ended six months after the war ended in December 1945.

Some war nickels had minting errors, such as:
    • 1943 nickels with a 3 over the 2, due to an incorrect die change at the beginning of 1943
    • 1943 double-die obverse nickels with a P mint mark
    • 1945 double-die reverse with a P mint mark

Latest posts

Top Bottom