College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My $.02 worth. Was an incredible game. Have season tickets and probably the best most exciting sports event I've been at with the exception of one of my son's HS football games. Atmosphere was amazing. Never seen Stillwater so crowded.

OSU played well, for the most part as I think OU did too. Everyone here is entitled to hear my opinion so here goes. OSU offensive coordinator or play caller should be fired. Gone. Done. Tons of 3rd down calls that made no sense and IMO, he's responsible to a large degree the many 4th&1 play calls failing. QB Bowman, is half a QB. Pretty decent thrower but don't expect much else out of him and with his complete lack of ability to scramble, he cost the team a lot of yards and extended drives.

As for OU. I thought they played a pretty good game and from my POV, probably a bit over ranked. Has some turnovers but they have enough holes in their game that allow teams like OSU and Kansas to win while other lesser teams barely lost to OU. OU fans get butt hurt and blame all the losses on Refs which is foolish. Yeah some bad or no calls but really went both ways. Plenty of replays on the stadium big screen to see it all. I was thoroughly impressed with The OU QB, #27 and Stoops kid. He's got some damn leather magnets in his hands and runs great routes. Always friggen open down field.

Wouldn't say OSU got lucky as they played a complete game and stepped up for the occasion while OU played what I think is standard OU football for 2023. Unless OU changes something between now and next Fall, me thinks they are going to ahve a rude awakening in the SEC. Too many Doggs down there in the South. And OSU, get a new play caller, do whatever is necessary to find a quality mobile QB that has a good arm and recruit some damn O-line.

Comgrats to the POKES! Well done at home.
The no call in the end zone straight up cost OU the game. They would have had it on the 1 yard line with a 1st down. Do you honestly think OU wouldn't have scored? Dude, that one was as bad as the Oregon Bowl game a few years back. You can throw all the fumbles, penalties and dropped passes out there you want, but it's a plain fact. TD over a FG equals an OU win.

OSU did play a good game. I also feel the OSU play caller called a better game than Lebby. Dillon barely used his legs today, when he about destroyed Texas doing just that. I can't fathom what goes on in Lebby's head, he's the biggest impediment to Dillon Gabriel, IMO, even though he called a better game today than he did against Kansas. That's not saying a lot, unfortunately.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The no call in the end zone straight up cost OU the game. They would have had it on the 1 yard line with a 1st down. Do you honestly think OU wouldn't have scored? Dude, that one was as bad as the Oregon Bowl game a few years back. You can throw all the fumbles, penalties and dropped passes out there you want, but it's a plain fact. TD over a FG equals an OU win.

OSU did play a good game. I also feel the OSU play caller called a better game than Lebby. Dillon barely used his legs today, when he about destroyed Texas doing just that. I can't fathom what goes on in Lebby's head, he's the biggest impediment to Dillon Gabriel, IMO, even though he called a better game today than he did against Kansas. That's not saying a lot, unfortunately.
Nobody can say it cost them the game. There's, more to the game. If the PI was called nobody knows what happens on the next 4 plays. Stoops is pissed because he thought he had a foot in and caught the ball one handed even lmao.....

Screenshot_20231104_231628_Samsung Internet.jpg

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Flick a tear! Nice adult reaction. 3 turnovers and a 6 point favorite. That I turn tells me Pokes outplayed the Sorners. Oh excuse me Sooners lol😉

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

If they had played better that wouldn't have been in position to have 1 call or no call make or break them. They probably would have fumbled and OSU would have recovered. We can all play guess what might have happened. What did happen is they lost the last 2 games of Bedlam in Stillwater. Their coach also partially cost them the game with his behavior. A perfect ending for OU.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now osu can brag about winning 20 games cause it doesn't sound as pitiful as 19.....yeah right. :anyone:
Or just brag about winning the last one.

From late 40‘s until les miles, OSU was just really bad except for a few years here or there in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Can't wait to leave the little 12. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom