College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is finally here. It’s game week!!!!!
Boomer Sooner!!

IMG_0722.jpeg

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's definitely a Division 1 team but it is on the same level as Oklahoma States first opponent, South Dakota State. 😁

I doubt they’re that good. But Temple is plenty good for the first game and as you said D1 so they help your Bowl eligibility, smart move.

Who ever scheduled SDS for the first game was an idiot and should be canned. No winning that game. They’re capable of beating a lot of D1 schools. So if you lose you got beat by a D2 school and should close your program (Michigan & App State). If you win you padded your schedule with a pud school (something a lot of SEC schools do late in the season and I don’t really blame them).
But with SDS you don’t win either way. Really stupid move.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt they’re that good. But Temple is plenty good for the first game and as you said D1 so they help your Bowl eligibility, smart move.

Who ever scheduled SDS for the first game was an idiot and should be canned. No winning that game. They’re capable of beating a lot of D1 schools. So if you lose you got beat by a D2 school and should close your program (Michigan & App State). If you win you padded your schedule with a pud school (something a lot of SEC schools do late in the season and I don’t really blame them).
But with SDS you don’t win either way. Really stupid move.

OSU has made a habit of scheduling teams like that for the first and sometimes the first two games.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all need to consider yourselves fortunate. My Alma Mater, Virginia, went 3-9 last year.

We do have teams that compete at the national level, basketball, swimming, crew, expecially soccer, but they keep trying to win big with a budget coach in football.

It doesnt and hasnt worked. Whats that definition of insanity, something about doing the same thig repeatedly and expecting different results....:blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom