College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks. I liked the kid
View attachment 434039

He knew from Litrell's promotion that it was going to be JA from here on out. Sucks, but the dude has played for 6 years or something. He's going out on a high note..... why not declare for the draft? Either way, OU will always be grateful to him.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He knew from Litrell's promotion that it was going to be JA from here on out. Sucks, but the dude has played for 6 years or something. He's going out on a high note..... why not declare for the draft? Either way, OU will always be grateful to him.
Dumb question, but can football guys not hire an agent, jump into the draft process and pull out by a certain date like basketball? While still maintaining their eligibility

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they have 5 calendar years to play 4 seasons max. So if he is in the transfer portal, he must have 1 year eligibility left. He can still graduate & play his 4th season as a grad student

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There are players still in the system who are still playing because of covid eligibility. Those athletes should be gone soon I would think. Combine an athlete that's old for their grade/class, add some covid eligibility, some redshirt, a grad student and poof, we've got 26yo college athletes.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they have 5 calendar years to play 4 seasons max. So if he is in the transfer portal, he must have 1 year eligibility left. He can still graduate & play his 4th season as a grad student
Except the 2020 season does not count (Corvid-19) Exception per NCAA
Example Drake Stoops played 5 full season (2019-2020) Red shirt 2018 (played two games)

Latest posts

Top Bottom