College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this from googling..
Screenshot_20231204-184955_Chrome.jpg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He did follow Lebby from UCF to OU. I think he is comfortable with him. Plus I don't think he wants to go through an open competition with Jackson Arnold.
I like to think any one who is the starting quarterback at OU doesn't have a bit of problem earning it on the field...so I have to disagree with that part.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So why do you guys think that Gabriel wants out at OU? Is it because of Lebby leaving, or was he not happy there? It doesn’t make sense to me.
My guess would be that he's planning on following Lebby, and I can't fault him for that. There's also the consideration that he doesn't know what the new offensive scheme is going to be, and the new OC is more likely to tailor it to Jackson Arnold's style and abilities due to the simple fact that Gabriel would only be there for one more season, whereas they could have three years with Arnold.

I mean, it's possible that he thinks the deck would be stacked in favor of Arnold and doesn't want to spend his last season playing Left Out, but I don't think you get to be a QB at his level without believing that you can win the starting position, regardless of the competition.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guess would be that he's planning on following Lebby, and I can't fault him for that. There's also the consideration that he doesn't know what the new offensive scheme is going to be, and the new OC is more likely to tailor it to Jackson Arnold's style and abilities due to the simple fact that Gabriel would only be there for one more season, whereas they could have three years with Arnold.

I mean, it's possible that he thinks the deck would be stacked in favor of Arnold and doesn't want to spend his last season playing Left Out, but I don't think you get to be a QB at his level without believing that you can win the starting position, regardless of the competition.
Also, if he goes to Lebby and they do in fact do well there, it's a helluva resume enhancement for the NFL. I looked at their schedule and it would seem an easy way to roll up some really good stats and get a few tough games in too. If they do well it could be a good move for him.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks. I liked the kid
View attachment 434039
He's going to follow Lebby to Miss St. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if BV didn't call him into his office and offer a bit of "encouragement". Likely if DG had stayed for a 3rd year JA would have jumped into the portal and that's one loss that BV was not willing to risk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom