College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, the extra monies coming into Norman and OKC is minimal. Room rates up 40%? Maybe but Tennessee fans need a place to stay when they travel the 11 hours to Norman for the game. The thing is, OU is a notable team and UTenn even more so this season so, sure it's a "big" game. Doesn't mean it has anything to do with being in the SEC. Any highly ranked team from any conference will bring more of the visitors fans. Take, Ohio State, USC, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State and many others will have a stong following thus long road trip or fly to watch the game. The longer distance you travel for games the longer your visit tends to be and again, that isn't an SEC thing. In the end, how many UTenn fans were at the game? Don't expect being in the SEC to solve any OKC Metro budget woes. Feel good story for sure but don't believe the hype.
The reports I've heard that UTenn fans "travel very well", meaning that a sizable number go to the away games. Also saw a bunch of posts that they were very respectful and had a good time. This can't be a bad thing.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reports I've heard that UTenn fans "travel very well", meaning that a sizable number go to the away games. Also saw a bunch of posts that they were very respectful and had a good time. This can't be a bad thing.
Sure it can parks78 said so. I was merely passing along an article so if you want to ***** at someone go after the writer of the article.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure it can parks78 said so. I was merely passing along an article so if you want to ***** at someone go after the writer of the article.
Lighten up Francis. I never said the article wasn't true just that it seemed like the benefit to the area probably wasn't a big as the writer made it out to be and any benefit isn't necessarily because of OU joining the SEC. Pretty sure I wasn't going after you. But since youre all uptight go have a drink or punch your monkey or whatever.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lighten up Francis. I never said the article wasn't true just that it seemed like the benefit to the area probably wasn't a big as the writer made it out to be and any benefit isn't necessarily because of OU joining the SEC. Pretty sure I wasn't going after you. But since youre all uptight go have a drink or punch your monkey or whatever.
Got a nice pour of Makers 46. You can handle the monkey stuff at your place - not needed here.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the end, how many UTenn fans were at the game?

By several accounts..... a LOT.

I really don't know what else you were babbling about, the article seems spot on. A few marquee games are on the books just this year.... and that's from....... OU joining the SEC. Pretty sure there's gonna be at least a few every year. The SEC is full of traveling fan bases.

Cope.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By several accounts..... a LOT.

I really don't know what else you were babbling about, the article seems spot on. A few marquee games are on the books just this year.... and that's from....... OU joining the SEC. Pretty sure there's gonna be at least a few every year. The SEC is full of traveling fan bases.

Cope.
From the looks of it on TV I saw a good amount of Orange in the stands. LOTS more than Big 12 teams, save Texas and OSU.

Latest posts

Top Bottom